Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jensen head unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Jensen head unit

Good evening,

Mods, I am asking if you'll help me out and allow this thread or if it must be moved then so be it... I do believe the experience here we'll be best however.

A little background is that I have an old car that runs great and we are keeping it at least until next year. I sold some stuff on eBay and bought a dmx5020 by Jensen and speakers and a backup camera.

Stereo sounds great with speakers but I can't wrap my head around the reverse trigger wire in the car's harness. Can't find it! The reverse trigger wire makes the screen go to the camera.

Could I run a wire from the reverse light (lightbulb wire) to the camera for 12v power, run video wire to head unit and just run the aforementioned wire to the trigger wire on the radio? I would simply piggyback the video cable's route to the dash head unit.

Thanks,
Tom

Old 07-09-2015, 10:24 AM
nineball
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yep, that's how almost all backup cameras are installed. tap into the reverse light and you are set.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:01 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee⋁14189163
Good evening,

Mods, I am asking if you'll help me out and allow this thread or if it must be moved then so be it... I do believe the experience here we'll be best however.

A little background is that I have an old car that runs great and we are keeping it at least until next year. I sold some stuff on eBay and bought a dmx5020 by Jensen and speakers and a backup camera.

Stereo sounds great with speakers but I can't wrap my head around the reverse trigger wire in the car's harness. Can't find it! The reverse trigger wire makes the screen go to the camera.

Could I run a wire from the reverse light (lightbulb wire) to the camera for 12v power, run video wire to head unit and just run the aforementioned wire to the trigger wire on the radio? I would simply piggyback the video cable's route to the dash head unit.

Thanks,
Tom
i would assume the camera is powered by the reverse light circuit, and the head unit switches internally when the camera is on