Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 SGS - Lower Fairing Speaker Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 04:07 PM
jlthomp1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 SGS - Lower Fairing Speaker Issues

I have an 2014 SGS that I upgraded to a six (6) speaker system, all Boom Audio Stage I speakers........fairings, lower fairings and saddlebags

All HD parts and all installation done at HD dealership including all flashes for the head unit and amps.....

Parts installed:

-76000410 - Boom Bagger Kit
-76000489 - Saddlebag Speaker Kit
-76000280 - Speaker Expansion Kit - Saddlebag Mounted
-76000487 - Fairing Lower Speaker Kit

Fairing mounted amp off Boom Bagger Kit is driving my fairing and lower fairing speakers. The saddlebag mounted amp is driving my saddlebag speakers.

When the bike is sitting in the garage and the system is running it punches out alot of sound and sounds like the saddlebag speakers are the loudest component of the whole system.

I can't even tell if the lower fairing speakers are even doing anything. I can put my hand on the speaker grilles and feel "bass" but when I put my ear close to them they don't sound like much if anything is coming out of them.

Based on my current set-up I would have expected the four (4) front speakers to push alot of sound, but the saddlebag speakers overpower of them.

I have tried to re-configure my EQ settings from center (front/rear & top/bottom) but the only way I can get the lower fairing speakers to produce any sound is to put the EQ on the bottom setting.....and then the fairing and saddlebag speakers "fade" out.....

Hopefully this was descriptive enough but right now I don't think the lower fairing speakers are doing **** for me.....and I want all front four (4) speakers pushing the most sound....

I have not added the High Output Charging system because I was told I didn't need it. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited by jlthomp1; 06-16-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:24 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

No suggestions but I am curious how much this costs along with installation cost.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 06-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by jlthomp1
I have an 2014 SGS that I upgraded to a six (6) speaker system, all Boom Audio Stage I speakers........fairings, lower fairings and saddlebags

All HD parts and all installation done at HD dealership including all flashes for the head unit and amps.....

Parts installed:

-76000410 - Boom Bagger Kit
-76000489 - Saddlebag Speaker Kit
-76000280 - Speaker Expansion Kit - Saddlebag Mounted
-76000487 - Fairing Lower Speaker Kit

Fairing mounted amp off Boom Bagger Kit is driving my fairing and lower fairing speakers. The saddlebag mounted amp is driving my saddlebag speakers.

When the bike is sitting in the garage and the system is running it punches out alot of sound and sounds like the saddlebag speakers are the loudest component of the whole system.

I can't even tell if the lower fairing speakers are even doing anything. I can put my hand on the speaker grilles and feel "bass" but when I put my ear close to them they don't sound like much if anything is coming out of them.

Based on my current set-up I would have expected the four (4) front speakers to push alot of sound, but the saddlebag speakers overpower of them.

I have tried to re-configure my EQ settings from center (front/rear & top/bottom) but the only way I can get the lower fairing speakers to produce any sound is to put the EQ on the bottom setting.....and then the fairing and saddlebag speakers "fade" out.....

Hopefully this was descriptive enough but right now I don't think the lower fairing speakers are doing **** for me.....and I want all front four (4) speakers pushing the most sound....

Anybody have any suggestions?
If your happy with the lid speakers my suggestion would be to switch out the front amp and throw a little bit more power to the front speakers. I think the Cerwin Vega B4 amp would be perfect for what you are looking for.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:52 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
If your happy with the lid speakers my suggestion would be to switch out the front amp and throw a little bit more power to the front speakers. I think the Cerwin Vega B4 amp would be perfect for what you are looking for.
Even with the Boom speakers????

Old 06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
jlthomp1
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SBates08
No suggestions but I am curious how much this costs along with installation cost.

I don't remember what the installation cost are but from a strictly parts perspective, I have paid roughly $3200 for everything. That includes color matched saddlebag lids, color matched fairing lowers, etc......

I keep a spreadsheet that tallies up everything that I have added to this bike. Just doesn't have the labor on it......

Old 06-16-2015, 05:14 PM
jlthomp1
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I am actually pretty happy with the lid speakers. Originally I just had the fairing amp pushing the fairing and lid speakers but I wanted more, so I added the lower fairing speakers and had to add the second amp and all the rest of the set-up. I've got alot of money invested so I would like the lower fairing speakers to work the way I wanted.........

I'm not opposed to dropping the lower fairing speakers if I have to and having the fairing amp push the fairing speakers and the saddlebag amp pushing the lid speakers, but if I do that I might as well just buy the Stage II speakers and make good use of both amps.......

Old 06-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Even with the Boom speakers????

LOL . . He'll be okay if he keeps the gains low and doesn't turn it up too loud. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if he had the infinity's in there. But quite a few guys like the BOOM system. For $3200 bucks I would have went in another direction. But I can also respect the OP's decision to go with the booms. His money. His bike.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 PM
jlthomp1
2nd Gear

Yeah.....I'm a fan of OEM stuff.....but like most things when upgrading our bikes, we sometimes never know how much coin we've sunk until it's said and done.....and for the coin I've spent so far I would've expected more bang for the buck........

I appreciate the feedback so far.....

Old 06-16-2015, 08:50 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by jlthomp1
Yeah.....I'm a fan of OEM stuff.....but like most things when upgrading our bikes, we sometimes never know how much coin we've sunk until it's said and done.....and for the coin I've spent so far I would've expected more bang for the buck........ I appreciate the feedback so far.....
Exactly. That's why I was being nosy. Lots better bang for a lot less buck....paint included. But like Gann said its your bike and your money.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:08 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you should have joined the forum sooner......

Quick Reply: 2014 SGS - Lower Fairing Speaker Issues