Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading a friends 2006 CVO E Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Upgrading a friends 2006 CVO E Glide

Looking for opinions and suggestions. Budget is around $1000. He wants to replace the fairing and TP speakers and add lower fairing speaker pods. Since this has the Boom audio amp I'm not sure how to integrate another amp. I though about recommending a Biketronics or Hawg Wired system and use his current amp to power the TP speakers.

I've not looked at a wiring diagram yet. He is kinda bummed about not being able to to run the 7" speakers in his fairing, lol!

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. And a new bike is outta the question.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
Looking for opinions and suggestions. Budget is around $1000. He wants to replace the fairing and TP speakers and add lower fairing speaker pods. Since this has the Boom audio amp I'm not sure how to integrate another amp. I though about recommending a Biketronics or Hawg Wired system and use his current amp to power the TP speakers.

I've not looked at a wiring diagram yet. He is kinda bummed about not being able to to run the 7" speakers in his fairing, lol!

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. And a new bike is outta the question.
Simply pull the boom amp and the wiring harness out. I recently did the same thing on a 2009 CVO. easy peasy. No problem running the 7.1's in the fairing? they come with adapters. Question we always ask is how he feels about FM radio? If he wants to keep it, his options are limited. But with a grand to spend. Should not be a problem. He can get a very nice powerful amp that fits in the fairing to run all six speakers. The BOOM amp is basically useless. I have 3 or 4 of them on my shelf that nobody wants from other installs. Once guys hear how the music is supposed to sound on a bike they realize that Harley Davidson ripped everybody off with the BOOM system. Rip the dam thing out and start fresh is my recommendation.