Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts for Infinity Kappa/RF PBR300x2 Install on 2014+ Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:55 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerscum
The V-Twin grills won't work either, been there done that, & split one down the middle trying to stretch it.

The Boom grills (and I suspect the CS grills) will work if you stretch them. I have a thread on it somewhere here showing how I did it.

=edit= here it is... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...l#post13962815

I see you posted in that thread too, so you already knew.... never mind.
Yep, you were the one I was kind of referencing when I said you need a wood block and a hammer.

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 05-21-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:06 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bikerscum
The V-Twin grills won't work either, been there done that, & split one down the middle trying to stretch it.

The Boom grills (and I suspect the CS grills) will work if you stretch them. I have a thread on it somewhere here showing how I did it.

=edit= here it is... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...l#post13962815

I see you posted in that thread too, so you already knew.... never mind.
First of all thanks. I thought I was crazy but at least there is one other person having the same problem. Second, I looked at your pics, then pics of the grill I have, they are exactly the same. Third, I am going to try your fix on one of these grills when I get home. I have a big socket, table and c-clamp so what harm could it do? If it works I get to button this up today, if not I send the grills back and get a refund.

I would have tried the mod last night but I was pretty done after getting that one bolt off the pod...you know the one (and it ain't going back on). If it looks bad I will just bend it back and send it to CS for a refund.

Future grill upgrade (if the mod works), I am going to melt the glue on the CS logo and hot glue a phantom skull on my grills.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:23 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Racin929
I'l be getting rid of my CS grills anyway. Just cant get passed the red dot look.
I am looking online for the small phantom skull emblem, if the mod works on my CS speakers (thanks BikerScum) then I will swap the red dot for something better.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Racin929
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Keep me posted. I will look for an alternative as well.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:59 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Bikerscum is the man! Read his tip about pushing the CS grills out with a large socket and it worked! I just installed both grills and my new Kappa 62.11i speakers! Went off without a hitch and only took me 1 1/2 hours start to finish. Helps to have the right tools too (I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade).

Old 05-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
Bikerscum is the man! Read his tip about pushing the CS grills out with a large socket and it worked! I just installed both grills and my new Kappa 62.11i speakers! Went off without a hitch and only took me 1 1/2 hours start to finish. Helps to have the right tools too (I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade).

Glad it worked out for you!

Old 05-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Racin929
Road Captain

Hows the stereo sound? Results?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:12 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

That one F'ing bolt almost beat me until I rememberd I had a small 1" extension for my 1/4" drive I could use. I got the socket on, put the extention on the ratchet and got it all hooked up. Once I did that it was easy peasy. Only problem, I had tried a lot of stuff before I got to that point.

Going to go ahead and melt the emblems off the grills before I install them so adding new emblems won't require taking the pods off.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Racin929
Road Captain

I should have done that first too. Damn it!. How does it look without the red eye of death?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:19 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Racin929
I should have done that first too. Damn it!. How does it look without the red eye of death?
My guess is there will be a hole in the middle, haven't done it yet. Installing a new logo I will just add hot glue to the back and press it on the grill. Hot glue doesn't run after about 2 seconds so no worry about getting it on the speaker. The ones I am looking at have 3M tape on the back so will just try that first...if that doesn't work I'll scrape the tape off and glue 'em on.

If you want to try it without taking the pods off I am sure you can heat up the grill by the logo and slowly pry off the CS logo. Of course, that might end up being a REALLY bad idea but sometimes you just have to say, what the heck....LOL. Post pics.

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 05-22-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Parts for Infinity Kappa/RF PBR300x2 Install on 2014+ Street Glide