Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts for Infinity Kappa/RF PBR300x2 Install on 2014+ Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Mike Bradbury
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racin929
Dude. those are the ones I have too. I just dont, (or didnt) have any issues. I got rid of the Kappas and got Focals. Still, no issues.
I originally went with the Kappas and the RF 300x2 as the original poster. I have recently blown one of my Kappas and thinking about going with a higher end set of 6 1/2's. What are the model number for the Focals, how much were they, and how do you compare them to the original Kappas you had installed??

My concern is I can't go to high end due to the fact that my amp is so small.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 AM
Racin929
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury
I originally went with the Kappas and the RF 300x2 as the original poster. I have recently blown one of my Kappas and thinking about going with a higher end set of 6 1/2's. What are the model number for the Focals, how much were they, and how do you compare them to the original Kappas you had installed??

My concern is I can't go to high end due to the fact that my amp is so small.
Focal pc165's
$300
NO comparison. Kappas were a good upgrade from stock. No doubt.
But the Focal can be felt. Your hand can feel the bass 6" from the grill.

My system could be better. The RF is turned up to 8 to push the Focals. Most are at 5-7 with the Kappas. I believe its because
The magic box filters the sound alot. Plus the Focals need more juice.
All in All, Im happy with the system. At least for now until the Dealers get the flash right.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Racin929
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
So... I'm confused... will these CS grills work with the 62.11i's or not. One guy say's yes, one say's no. I'm installing these speakers and grills tomorrow! Would like to know for sure before I rip my bike apart. Not really interesting in running without grills. Even less interested in removing those damn pods twice!
Sorry man. I just dont have those anymore to reference to. But I dont have any issues at all with the Focal pc165's. If u need a reference point, They have a tweeter like the Kappas.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:39 AM
Mike Bradbury
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Racin929
Focal pc165's
$300

My system could be better. The RF is turned up to 8 to push the Focals. Most are at 5-7 with the Kappas. I believe its because
The magic box filters the sound alot. Plus the Focals need more juice.
All in All, Im happy with the system. At least for now until the Dealers get the flash right.
Thnks for the info. I also have the magic box installed. I found it very interesting that you never opened you pods up and mounted your speakers on the outside. If I remember correctly I mounted mine just like the stock ones on the inside. But I could be wrong. May have to try it your way next go around.

Good to know I can get a much better speaker without having to get a bigger amp also. What website did you find those for $300? Everywhere i found them wanted a little more than that. I don't have any kind of speaker grills on there now. Thinking when I go back in there I may want to get some installed so I can protect my speakers a little bit better. Kinda get worried when it starts raining. I know the grills won't do a whole lot, but something is better than nothing. Lol

Old 05-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Racin929
Road Captain

[QUOTE=Mike Bradbury;14038198]Thnks for the info. I also have the magic box installed. I found it very interesting that you never opened you pods up and mounted your speakers on the outside. If I remember correctly I mounted mine just like the stock ones on the inside. But I could be wrong. May have to try it your way next go around.

I must have said it wrong. I opened up the batwing, took off the pods (PITA) took out stockers, replaced them with Focals on outside of pods. Like the stocks were. (without splitting the pods)

Old 05-21-2015, 12:52 AM
Mike Bradbury
Intermediate
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Racin929;14038181]
Focal pc165's
$300

You don't happen to remember what website you got those from, do you? Everywhere I look they are around $379. If I can save $80! That will pay for my grills.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Racin929
Road Captain

I just looked all over ebay. didnt see them. Thats where I got em. $299 shipped.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:54 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
So... I'm confused... will these CS grills work with the 62.11i's or not. One guy say's yes, one say's no. I'm installing these speakers and grills tomorrow! Would like to know for sure before I rip my bike apart. Not really interesting in running without grills. Even less interested in removing those damn pods twice!
My tweeters are touching the grill. I could bolt it up and no one would know the difference but I don't roll like that.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
Ok, Cycle Sounds grills DO NOT work with Kappa 62.11i. I am calling CS tomorrow and make sure they sent the correct ones. The tweeters hit, if the grill was not concave it would have worked.
That... concave, is the exact same problem I had with the Boom grills.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:43 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerscum
That... concave, is the exact same problem I had with the Boom grills.
The Kappa 62.11 tweeters are at an angle which makes them stick out further, I could bolt the pods down and "make" them fit but for now just going to leave them off and find the grills that fit.

Quick Reply: Parts for Infinity Kappa/RF PBR300x2 Install on 2014+ Street Glide