Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kappas Holy Crap

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 05:23 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Highwayman-AL
They are on a rotating disc so you can point the tweeters towards you when riding. I think you can just push the tweeters back into the hole, I would take a few pictures in case it doesn't work and you need to send them back with an explanation. Should work as long as the wires are not broken.
It went back in and was able to rotate them towards the center. It was a fairly easy install. Adapters fit fine and I also added Polyfil. I have the Gain set at 5 on the RF....assuming thats the popular setting with the Kappas? Def. a big difference from the HD Booms. (Which are for sale)

Old 05-10-2015, 02:50 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Are the Kappa's direct replacement or is there a mounting kit needed? I'm considering adding 4 (2 for the fairing/2 for the rear) on my Ultra Low

Old 05-11-2015, 05:44 AM
Jermell
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kappas

Quick question:

1. I have 2014 SGS, do the Kappas work with existing HD grill
2. I notice the Kappas have the screw terminals and HD have the plug and play. is there a part number, I didn't want to splice

Old 05-11-2015, 04:54 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jermell
Quick question:

1. I have 2014 SGS, do the Kappas work with existing HD grill
2. I notice the Kappas have the screw terminals and HD have the plug and play. is there a part number, I didn't want to splice

Stock grills only work if you mount the Kappas inside the pod, which I do not recommend. I had mine inside, then I put them outside like stock and they sound better. I used the V-twin grills. Call or email them and tell Brian you need the deeper grills for the Kappas.

Cycle Sounds has wire adapters if you don't want to splice, Otherwise if you are running an amp, just run new wires.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Jermell
Novice

Ordered grills from cycle sounds.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:47 PM
ridemyglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie
Stock grills only work if you mount the Kappas inside the pod, which I do not recommend. I had mine inside, then I put them outside like stock and they sound better. I used the V-twin grills. Call or email them and tell Brian you need the deeper grills for the Kappas.

Cycle Sounds has wire adapters if you don't want to splice, Otherwise if you are running an amp, just run new wires.

awesome info thanks

Old 05-12-2015, 04:38 PM
FHubbard4
Intermediate

Hi, I have a 13 Street Glide, I just finished installing the PBR300x2 & the Kappas. I ran the B+ to the battery, the Ground to a bolt on the forks, and the Rem to the Cig. outlet. Did I do something wrong? When I turn the bike off the radio will keep playing until I hit the power button, though the power button won't turn it back on unless the ignition is back on.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by FHubbard4
Hi, I have a 13 Street Glide, I just finished installing the PBR300x2 & the Kappas. I ran the B+ to the battery, the Ground to a bolt on the forks, and the Rem to the Cig. outlet. Did I do something wrong? When I turn the bike off the radio will keep playing until I hit the power button, though the power button won't turn it back on unless the ignition is back on.
Are you running High input or RCA's?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 PM
FHubbard4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Are you running High input or RCA's?
Speaker wire into rca adapters, still stock radio.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by FHubbard4
Speaker wire into rca adapters, still stock radio.
Run high level inputs with the stock HU. The X2 has an auto turn on feature. When the amp senses a signal from the HU it will turn on automatically. Don't need the remote wire.

Quick Reply: Kappas Holy Crap