Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTunes Fail

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,780 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Hey guys... Question.. I got my equipment today. Do you notice the extra weight in your front fairing with this equipment in there? That't got to be an extra 10lbs +....

I am going to TRY to get this in my bike tonight. I threw my freaking back out on Sat, and have been laid up for the most part. Sucks because the weekend it was so nice here... finally in the 60's and it is supposed to be all week as well.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
Hey guys... Question.. I got my equipment today. Do you notice the extra weight in your front fairing with this equipment in there? That't got to be an extra 10lbs +....

I am going to TRY to get this in my bike tonight. I threw my freaking back out on Sat, and have been laid up for the most part. Sucks because the weekend it was so nice here... finally in the 60's and it is supposed to be all week as well.
The weight is a non factor brother. You won't notice any difference in handling.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But the weight makes it track better in the snow.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:31 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by ALUCARD19
But the weight makes it track better in the snow.
Awesome, maybe I can now get rid of my chains... LOL

Well sore back and all, I got it installed. The only issue I had was the rear connection. They forgot to include the diagram of what pins needed to be removed from the connector. Called them up and got the info. I think I have it all together right.

All I can say is WOW...!! There is no comparison to the HogTunes and the clarity of the music is astounding. That is with the factory HK radio too..! I cranked her up and it just got louder with no distortion...

Thanks all of you for the advice... I can't wipe the freaking grin off my face. I came around the block and when I came into the house the wife was teasing me... Mike (our son) I always got on his case for loud music at night by the house. My wife says... He Mike (being a smart ***) have a little respect for the neighbors, I could hear you before you even turned the corner... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:46 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Sweet man....you got installed bad back and all.

BT is no joke man!!!! These threads never get old I tell ya.

Glad you are happy this time around with the install.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
Sweet man....you got installed bad back and all.

BT is no joke man!!!! These threads never get old I tell ya.

Glad you are happy this time around with the install.
You may recall, but I said I wasn't going to do this upgrade until I took a '15 ultra for a ride, cuz I had an itch to upgrade. Well now I have awesome tunes and my 107 big bore and all the other stuff, I just love my ride to much to trade it off. I'm going to ride it for a month or so and then decide if I want to add lowers or anything more. But man, the way it sounds right now just blows me away. You guys were spot on man! BT is NO joke... I don't think you could get any bigger speaker in that fairing, they used up every last millimeter...

The only thing I didn't do was add the sound foam from Walmart, I couldn't find any, so when I find some, I'll just pop the fairing off and add it.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

You may recall, but I said I wasn't going to do this upgrade until I took a '15 ultra for a ride, cuz I had an itch to upgrade. Well now I have awesome tunes and my 107 big bore and all the other stuff, I just love my ride to much to trade it off. I'm going to ride it for a month or so and then decide if I want to add lowers or anything more. But man, the way it sounds right now just blows me away. You guys were spot on man! BT is NO joke... I don't think you could get any bigger speaker in that fairing, they used up every last millimeter...

The only thing I didn't do was add the sound foam from Walmart, I couldn't find any, so when I find some, I'll just pop the fairing off and add it.
I know what you mean Jamal. . I was looking at the 15's as well until I heard so many horror stories about the virus (flash) Harley put in their new audio systems. LOL. I call it a virus because the dam thing won't go away and I think that's the way Harley planned it. The newest Bike I'll ever buy is a 13 until we get this flash thing figured out. Glad you're a happy camper brother!! BT and the kickers are awesome! Now it's time to look at lowers and lids

Old 04-13-2015, 09:48 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I know what you mean Jamal. . I was looking at the 15's as well until I heard so many horror stories about the virus (flash) Harley put in their new audio systems. LOL. I call it a virus because the dam thing won't go away and I think that's the way Harley planned it. The newest Bike I'll ever buy is a 13 until we get this flash thing figured out. Glad you're a happy camper brother!! BT and the kickers are awesome! Now it's time to look at lowers and lids
If a guy was going to do them at separate times, which would you suggest first? I would assume the lowers, since you most likely would get the best sound from the front rather then behind you? I don't want to keep taking the fairing apart so we'll see... :-)

That sucks if Harley is doing that on purpose, but I have read some threads on here of guys having issues with that flash.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:08 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

If a guy was going to do them at separate times, which would you suggest first? I would assume the lowers, since you most likely would get the best sound from the front rather then behind you? I don't want to keep taking the fairing apart so we'll see... :-)

That sucks if Harley is doing that on purpose, but I have read some threads on here of guys having issues with that flash.
Yep the lowers are always a good place to start for the rider since the majority of your sound will come from the front going down the road. Also you can install the lowers in about and hour or so. The lids are a little more complicated not to mention a little more expensive. The 4180 will run all 8 speakers but to get the full effect most guys run two amps.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:45 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member

Guys... OK, something isn't right... I finally got out for a few hours today riding. I get very little to no FM signal. Stations that always came in are not coming in, some stations that did, came in very weak and fuzzy. System sounded like total Crap. When I took it for a ride the other day after getting it put together, I was streaming Pandora. That seemed OK if I streamed Pandora, but getting over 4 bars on the volume the system started to sound very distorted..??

So when I put my bike back together, I did not put back in the unit that is was screwed to the top of the radio. But that is just the CB\Intercom right? That shouldn't have anything to do with my FM signal... Why would I have lost my signal?

Quick Reply: HogTunes Fail