Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rushmore Audio Upgrade - Take Two

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Sort of. Looks like I'm going to eat most of the cost of the original installation, but everything else is being taken care of.

It definitely could have been worse.
I've been following your misfortune. I feel for you man...
Glad to see you got something back.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:46 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Came down to Myrtle for Bike Week and finally got to hear and see several installations of Soundz Customz.

Long story short, I had them install a Moto 600.4 amp, Focal KRC165's up front and Focal ICS165's in the rear. I wanted to go with all KRC's, but I did not like the way they looked in the tourpak with the required 1" spacers.

I'm thrilled with the sound so far! The show price was the same as their website price, but it included installation. After watching them fool with the system for over 3 hours, I'm glad I had them do it. There wasn't anything hard about the installation, but I could tell they had done it MANY times. What took them a few hours would have taken me all day.

Since I have a CVO that already had an amp, there was no need for me to fool with the flashes. My installer was efficient, but didn't appear to take any shortcuts. Once he had the hardware in, Peter stepped in and played with the HU settings and amp settings until he was happy with it. Those guys were pretty much the only vendors still working after 9pm last night and I really appreciated the time they took to make my system right.

So far, the system sounds awesome. Very loud and clear......definitely more range and volume than the Boom Stage II system I had for a short time. It appears I still have FM reception, but I won't really know how it is affected until I get home and have a better idea of what is normal (i.e., my local stations reception).

All in all I am a happy camper. In a perfect world I would like to have compared this system to a Biketronics system, but at some point it's just going to have to be good enough. I'm pretty sure I'm at that point now.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new system. Keep us posted on how you like it.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Congrats dgreen! If anybody deserves a nice sounding system. That would be you. Next time someone ask you about the BOOM system you will have one hell of a story to tell. Again Congrats!

Old 05-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Came down to Myrtle for Bike Week and finally got to hear and see several installations of Soundz Customz.

Long story short, I had them install a Moto 600.4 amp, Focal KRC165's up front and Focal ICS165's in the rear. I wanted to go with all KRC's, but I did not like the way they looked in the tourpak with the required 1" spacers.

I'm thrilled with the sound so far! The show price was the same as their website price, but it included installation. After watching them fool with the system for over 3 hours, I'm glad I had them do it. There wasn't anything hard about the installation, but I could tell they had done it MANY times. What took them a few hours would have taken me all day.

Since I have a CVO that already had an amp, there was no need for me to fool with the flashes. My installer was efficient, but didn't appear to take any shortcuts. Once he had the hardware in, Peter stepped in and played with the HU settings and amp settings until he was happy with it. Those guys were pretty much the only vendors still working after 9pm last night and I really appreciated the time they took to make my system right.

So far, the system sounds awesome. Very loud and clear......definitely more range and volume than the Boom Stage II system I had for a short time. It appears I still have FM reception, but I won't really know how it is affected until I get home and have a better idea of what is normal (i.e., my local stations reception).

All in all I am a happy camper. In a perfect world I would like to have compared this system to a Biketronics system, but at some point it's just going to have to be good enough. I'm pretty sure I'm at that point now.

So what are you saying? My KRC's are ugly?

I knew you would get the system, I knew there was no way you could hear the Focal's on a Rushmore and not purchase it, since, well we know, blah, blah, blah, and something about hearing before spending. Glad you got it, congrats.

So now tell me, when you had it put back to stock, what flash did it highlight? I've got my wiring harness removed (stage II) and have the about 4 different projects started on the bike, but not one finished, I am so glad I kept my '10. I've got the rear speakers installed and I have the auto tune mostly installed along with LED lights on, but no wires ran to them, I think I have to lay down now, I am getting a headache thinking about it.

I bet the ride home was a lot better than the ride to bike week, how many bugs did you swallow? I mean, I bet you still have a big smile, once again glad you got it sounding great.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Copyless
So what are you saying? My KRC's are ugly?

I knew you would get the system, I knew there was no way you could hear the Focal's on a Rushmore and not purchase it, since, well we know, blah, blah, blah, and something about hearing before spending. Glad you got it, congrats.

So now tell me, when you had it put back to stock, what flash did it highlight? I've got my wiring harness removed (stage II) and have the about 4 different projects started on the bike, but not one finished, I am so glad I kept my '10. I've got the rear speakers installed and I have the auto tune mostly installed along with LED lights on, but no wires ran to them, I think I have to lay down now, I am getting a headache thinking about it.

I bet the ride home was a lot better than the ride to bike week, how many bugs did you swallow? I mean, I bet you still have a big smile, once again glad you got it sounding great.
Haven't ridden home yet, we are here till Friday. Didn't get a chance to ride much today as I caught some kind of stomach bug and have been layed up the whole damn day. The only time I left the room was to get some anti-nausea medicine and ginger ale.

When the took out my Stage II my bike was put back to 14_OFF.bin I think. I'll double check and will PM you if I'm wrong.

Lol, regarding your bike's rear KRC's, I would never say she's ugly....just a little thick around the hips.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read on the other thread where you answered the question I was going to ask here earlier but didn't, because I didn't know if you had checked it yet. Anyway, it was about the fader, since well as you know I am well versed on the routing and wiring of the systems (yes I added the "s" since I now do mean systems). I am going to have mine flashed again when I get it back together (I hope that is sometime this year), but the fact that you were able to leave it with the stock flash makes me now have to dig a little more once I get there.

I think that if you have anything done to your bike at the dealer anytime that requires the DTII, maybe you could ask the tech just to drop the flash in, I mean it doesn't take but a minute or two at most. Like I said above, I have to dig a little more now, but I will check and see if my system is sounding correct with the flash that I have now, before I have the dealer touch it, if yours is the stock flash, then I may be able to keep my current flash also, and if so, it would have the fader working along with treble, bass and everything it is supposed to have. My flash would have moved the fader from the control of the DSP to the actual fader, since it is using the rear speaker outputs that HD never used on our bikes. I probably would have finished it before now if I had known this, besides just being plain lazy, I wasn't in a hurry because I had to deal with the flash part when I get done, but now I may not have to.

While I'm here I'll say it again, congrats, hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy the tunes.

Oh yeah, some people like 'em a little thick.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:35 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

when you get back you better post a video!!!!!

Congrats on the set-up man.