Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer TS-D6902R vs Biketronics 6x9

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Pioneer TS-D6902R vs Biketronics 6x9

I'm currently running the Pioneer 6x9's in my lids. I recently got BT 7.1's in the fairing, and they overpower the lids while on the road, even faded almost all the way to the back. Has anyone gone from the Pioneers to the BT 6x9's?

Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

Subscribed

Old 03-04-2015, 09:12 PM
noodle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the pioneers in my bags (facing rear wheel) for a while and love the bass they provide. I recently bought lids and upgraded to the 7.1 pro's in the fairing also. I was going to just order another set of pioneers but honestly they are lacking in the tweeter department so I bit the bullet and ordered the biketronics 6x9's (after asking a few people and on this forum) I just installed everything last week and have rode a few times and I can say I'm 100% happy I went with the Biketronics 6x9's

Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by just plain john
I'm currently running the Pioneer 6x9's in my lids. I recently got BT 7.1's in the fairing, and they overpower the lids while on the road, even faded almost all the way to the back. Has anyone gone from the Pioneers to the BT 6x9's?
How do you have it wired if you are running a single RZ4 and 6 speakers (according to your sig line)? I run the RZ4 for rear Pioneer 6x9s and front BT7.1s and the gains set almost the same with the rear being just a touch higher. My fader is also set at 1 notch to the rear because you have sound traveling at you vs the wind pushing the sound away. Check your gains is my suggestion.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by noodle
I have had the pioneers in my bags (facing rear wheel) for a while and love the bass they provide. I recently bought lids and upgraded to the 7.1 pro's in the fairing also. I was going to just order another set of pioneers but honestly they are lacking in the tweeter department so I bit the bullet and ordered the biketronics 6x9's (after asking a few people and on this forum) I just installed everything last week and have rode a few times and I can say I'm 100% happy I went with the Biketronics 6x9's
That's probably not a fair assessment if you never had lid speakers to begin with. Anything you put in the lids would be a huge improvement in the "highs" department since you were just using 6x9s as bass on the sides of the bags. There are better options for highs than the Pioneers for sure but for the money, quality, bass and treble I have zero complaints and not looking to switch. Just my $0.02.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 PM
noodle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was not for one second discrediteding the pioneers. I still run a set in my bags. My buddy had an extra set of the pioneers and I tried those out in my lid's and ran them for a day or two I just wasn't getting what I wanted out of them in that position but, this was just my ear and ever eat is different. You can NOT beat the pioneers at there price point. If I was putting the second set in my bags vs in my kids then I would have 100% bought the pioneers no questions asked. I have had very good customer service at Biktronics and I like there products so I choose to go with them.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

LOL. . . That would be me Sir! I have the Pioneers facing the wheel right now in the saddlebags with the BT 6x9's in the Hog Tune lids. Now I know the Pioneers are a popular speaker around here for bass. But I'll tell you guys a little secret. The BT's IMO (Powered correctly) have just as much bass as the pioneers and MORE clarity. As JPJ said the Pioneers get "overpowered" on the road. especially with the PRO's or the 7.1's up front. The BT's keep up with 7.1's all day long!

Matter of fact I'm pulling my pioneers out of the saddle bags and going in with another set of HATS facing the wheel. Hope that answers your question JPJ

Old 03-05-2015, 05:09 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagger_Vance
How do you have it wired if you are running a single RZ4 and 6 speakers (according to your sig line)? I run the RZ4 for rear Pioneer 6x9s and front BT7.1s and the gains set almost the same with the rear being just a touch higher. My fader is also set at 1 notch to the rear because you have sound traveling at you vs the wind pushing the sound away. Check your gains is my suggestion.
Good catch, Vance. I have the fairing speakers on the front channel, and the lowers and lids paralleled on the rear channel. I had a second amp on a HT bracket, but the 7.1's are bigger and won't allow the use of that bracket now so until I get a handle on that I'm trying this configuration.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

BT got AWESOME speakers... but if you are on a budget and want more mid and highs, try the JBL P963's - I had Pioneers before and the JBLs knock them out of the ball park IMO... ~100 bucks.
I used them as the reference speakers for my bench testing and had 200+W going to them with several speakers. no problem...
they are 2 ohm as well and a 3-way build... small external crossover you can velcro against the (street) side of the bag

Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Good catch, Vance. I have the fairing speakers on the front channel, and the lowers and lids paralleled on the rear channel. I had a second amp on a HT bracket, but the 7.1's are bigger and won't allow the use of that bracket now so until I get a handle on that I'm trying this configuration.
There's your answer, just not getting enough power to them. Crank up the gains on the rear channel since your ohms are lower and see what you think. I doubt you will still have enough power though even though the RZ4 is a beast for the money, in a 4 channel setup anyway. I run my BTs in high pass (80hz) all the time because I listen to a lot of R&B and it can get muddled with too much bass. For the Pioneers I set the Sony filter to usually 60hz on the road and all the way down in the parking lots (BTs stay the same at 80hz). It sounds awesome that way.

Quick Reply: Pioneer TS-D6902R vs Biketronics 6x9