Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:04 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: all the info you need

From what Ive gathered from everyone here is what Ive come to understand.

Who cares about the bin file in the end, it seems everyone has different results and honestly no one can understand why at this point. It could be HD software, it could be firmware, it could be many things. Without having access to different bikes to test this out there will be no way to tell either. Regardless, you're going for what sounds good on YOUR bike.

My current setup:
BT 7.1 upper - connected factory wires
BT 6.5 lowers - connected at the factory rear speaker plug
BT 4 channel amp - remote power on wire, 2 line output convertors for the RCAs to the amp
135_OFF.bin
Flashed with AMP1 & AMP2 "ON" and both enabled under the second screen on the tech software. Flashed with 8 speakers on enabling the rear plug on the bike. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED. You WILL lose fader, enabling the amp loses the fader. Believe it or not THIS is the way it is CURRENTLY SUPPOSE to work, according to the sources Ive used. Will this change? Uncertain until software updates continue to roll out. You WILL have a working treble and bass. If you do NOT have working treble and bass, something went wrong, reflash again. My bike works better with AVC - DISABLED. I would recommend disabling yours as well. If you're splitting the front speakers into 2 RCAs you could try just the standard 2 speaker flash, if you have problems just flash for 8 in the end.

MISC:
So if you decided you want the fader control and not the treble and bass, you can try flashing the amps OFF. Mine did NOT WORK after turning the amps OFF as suggested under RF and BT directions. If it worked in the past for others, Im telling you it doesn't work now (at least for my bike). You WILL have DTC error codes for amp 1 and amp 2 under the diagnostic screen, who cares though, runs perfectly fine with the codes on mine as well as others.

EQ - Flat. Make no mistake, its flat. Flat like the great planes in the middle of the country. If you have a fancy jailbroken iPhone like myself, you can introduce a nice equalizer and change your pandora or phone music at least. Unfortunately the hardware EQs are a little too big to stick under the fairing. IF HD changes their ways and gives us an EQ on the radio itself everyone can be happy, until then you'll have to modify the sound yourself to get what you need.

Sound:
With my BT setup, everything came factory set, its plug and play. Brainless operation. If you're looking for a turn key install, Im telling you I could have had my girlfriend do the install even lol. If you're a tech nerd and want to play with it all yourself, you may want to consider a different amp thats all. The speakers are great, they have honestly held up to me even cranking the software EQ up to produce a nice thump. I mean to the point of where I can even hear bass ON the highway! Im still playing with the RCA line converters a little to try and squeeze a little more, until then Im pretty happy with what I have.

Please post questions, I'll be more than happy to help anyone thats confused or has setup questions.

2 amps selected, 8 speakers

Also on the next screen YES to amp 1 and 2

Happy man doing all the free work

Thanks to the donations by all! Tech received a total of $370 total from hdforums and misc other people I mentioned this to, plus a $58 pizza party.

Bill from Biketronics just donated $100 for the cause and has also been working hard with another HD tech for us too.
lyork in for $25
CThompson27322 in for $20
nick4737 in for $20
Rock woody in for $25
Bruce C in for $25
Tom W in for $25
Oliver H in for $50

I would also like to thank Bill for all of his input while doing this research, along with a couple forum people Ive talked to, the guys from VTwinAudio in canada and SoundzCustomz. Without all of this combined knowledge, this thread would have taken me a lot longer ha

Last edited by biglipps66; 03-10-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:31 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

I donated. Good idea! Thanks for taking the initiative on this.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:47 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lyork
I donated. Good idea! Thanks for taking the initiative on this.
I just want the hard facts so we can all enjoy the extra cash spent on the audio

Old 02-27-2015, 09:35 AM
CThompson27322
4th Gear

Originally Posted by biglipps66
I just want the hard facts so we can all enjoy the extra cash spent on the audio
I'm in for $20. Just sent it.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:50 AM
nick4737
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just sent you 20

Old 02-27-2015, 09:55 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Adding to the list

Old 02-27-2015, 02:01 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Small update... Talked to service manager and he's swamped today with bike because of the long forecasted rainy Los Angeles weekend. I am now scheduled to go in Tuesday (few days) when the main tech is also back to work.

I'll still keep the donations rolling until then, just sent $58 worth of pizza there way too lol

Old 02-27-2015, 09:57 PM
sprint07
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm a little confused, but I have been away for almost a month. I have a complete BT4180amp/7.1 speaker/6.5 lower speaker/Infinity 62ii pod speakers set up ready to go upon getting the CVO speaker lowers adapters and grills.

Is there now a problem with the flash for the Infotainment system???

I see Bill at BT has donated to this cause which is making me wonder if my large investment in stereo equipment will not work upon installation due to the inability of the HD techs to flash these radio's???

Can someone explain without me spending days reading threads.

Thanks!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Rock Woody
Cruiser

I'm in! Donation sent.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sprint07
I'm a little confused, but I have been away for almost a month. I have a complete BT4180amp/7.1 speaker/6.5 lower speaker/Infinity 62ii pod speakers set up ready to go upon getting the CVO speaker lowers adapters and grills.

Is there now a problem with the flash for the Infotainment system???

I see Bill at BT has donated to this cause which is making me wonder if my large investment in stereo equipment will not work upon installation due to the inability of the HD techs to flash these radio's???

Can someone explain without me spending days reading threads.

Thanks!!!
Your system should work fine doing what they told you to do...

The goal here is to get all the HARD FACTS on the flashes, BIN files and EQ files... what they actually do BY NAME...

This will help out the end user by knowing exactly what he has... and hopefully... matches what he asked for with the flash.

As far as the companies tuning systems for a particular flash... They know what works... but what if they find a 'better' solution by helping out this cause... worth every penny... again... for the enduser.

I am flashed with 135_OFF... 1/2 amp ON... 8 Speaker ON and my system rocks... (1/2 volume, bass/treble set flat and can be heard almost a block away)..... but what if there can be a 'better' flash out there.....

Quick Reply: 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread