Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The BT is the only feature I really HAVE to have on this radio, its the heart of my streaming!

1/2off for me didn't even work at all, period! Thread has a lot of views, Im glad its finally helping people

Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biglipps66
The BT is the only feature I really HAVE to have on this radio, its the heart of my streaming!

1/2off for me didn't even work at all, period! Thread has a lot of views, Im glad its finally helping people
Ok if you do lose your bluetooth just remove left side cover and remove the 50 amp fuse for a couple of minutes. replace it back and let the radio reboot. Take a minute or two for the bluetooth too show back up.but everything should be there as before you lost it..work for me last nite..Wonder if Harley is hiring a radio tech.we can all apply by now.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Hozzie
Cruiser

So some background. I currently have the PBR300X2 with Infinity Kappa's and a Magic Box. I bought all of them a year ago when the Magic Box seemed to be the thing to do and for the most part it was ok, but I didn't think it was outstanding.

Last week I decided it was time to upgrade and since I at most will go with 4 speakers up front (SGS fairing and lowers) I went with the BT2180 and 7.1's (not pro's). I will add the Titan 6.5's later if I do want to go to 4 speakers.

I was at the dealer today and figured while I was there I would get my bike flashed and ready for the new setup. I was planning to get 2 amps on, 8 speakers as it seemed to be what was working best, but when talking to the tech, he said when he did that he was getting some errors. As I was talking to him I could tell that he had no clue about what I was asking. After some discussion, I told him to just flash it for 1 amp, 4 speakers so I could get out of there. I figured it was worth a try and even better, they didn't charge me anything to do it.

I could tell immediately when getting on the bike that I didn't have as much sound as when I rode in. I wasn't really surprised, but I also had planned to do a DMM tune when I got home as I hadn't done that yet and figured I would see how much that would help.

Well, after tuning my amp to 17.3 and hooking things backup, I was flabbergasted by the change in sound. It is LOUD and pretty darn clear as loud as I could turn it up. I didn't even go to max as it was almost too loud, but still very clear. Ok, the bass is basically not existent, but I put that more on the speakers and just not having the setup to produce much bass. It just hit me that I am not sure I had the amp on AP, so I need to check that, but to be honest, my BT setup gets here Tuesday so I will probably not mess with changing this setup anymore. I am really anxious now to see how much louder the BT setup is. If all I get is nothing but more bass I will be happy.

So, in the end, my flash setting was 130_off. Not sure if anyone else has this setup, but I didn't see anyone else in this post with that bin file. Yet one more option to maybe try if your setup is similar.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Writeoff2014
Cruiser

Not sure if this helps anyone since everyone get something different. I checked my eq settings and this is what I got

I know most are getting a flat eq setting. Radio is on latest firmware and set to 135_bin off I do also have DTCs logged in the radio I believe it is the radio looking for the amps

Old 04-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Beldar
Road Master
Received 2,175 Likes on 468 Posts

For what it is worth.........

Biketronics 2180 amp
Biketronics 7P14 speakers (fairing only with polyfill)

2014 Street Glide Special

Followed the recommendations from Biketronics regarding the flash "When adding an amp you need to have your HD dealer “flash” the radio for the amp. Typically you would choose the 8 speaker, two-amp setup."

Volume level while riding is about 65% max (even at 75 MPH) and AVC is turned off. All music is played through the USB flashdrive connection. I have played with the AVC and it appears that it doesn't work anymore since I upgraded the software from Harley.

Sounds outstanding in the garage, sounds pretty damn decent on the road. Although it may have sounded better before I upgraded to 1.18.3 (hard to recall).

Interesting note.....radio reception is incredible when in my garage (running in accessory position), but when I am on the road, it absolutely drops off.

Don't know that this information adds anything to the conversation other than one more posting on the subject.

Attached Thumbnails 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread-img_20150326_072740_793.jpg   2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread-img_20150326_071555_883.jpg   2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread-img_20150326_072713_606.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 01:00 PM
rellim_63
Advanced

I have the 4180 and 7.1 pros. I checked the eq version and it's 2.1.2. The download is the latest and I have the 135 off bin. I don't know if it's me but I can turn my stereo up all the way no problem. I feel like it should be louder. Before I got it flashed it sounded awful, but it was really loud.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:45 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rellim_63
I have the 4180 and 7.1 pros. I checked the eq version and it's 2.1.2. The download is the latest and I have the 135 off bin. I don't know if it's me but I can turn my stereo up all the way no problem. I feel like it should be louder. Before I got it flashed it sounded awful, but it was really loud.
The factory EQ settings made it sound really loud, but would most likely distort up top.

After the flash you can certainly turn it up all the way and I felt mine should have been louder as well. After running the audio through my phone EQ its finally acceptable as far as loudness goes. Maybe in time we'll be able to do this from the radio but for now its as good as it gets with the BT setup. I ended up turning up the gain on my line convertor to squeak a little more sound out.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Mach1FB
Advanced

Originally Posted by rellim_63

I can second this, it sounds great! Although I can ride around town at 40-45 mph with it at two bars from max. It is loud then, but I would think 180 RMS would be even louder.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:01 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mach1FB
I can second this, it sounds great! Although I can ride around town at 40-45 mph with it at two bars from max. It is loud then, but I would think 180 RMS would be even louder.
This is what I have been saying for a while. .Radio does not have the A** that the older ones had when you flash them to work with a amp..It's like you kill the output of the radio to the amp..you should not have to be at 2 click from max to hear it at 70 mph..you should be at 4 to 5 volume clicks from 0..that was plenty for the old radio with amps...but that's where we are for now..makes me sick for the money I spent.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:19 PM
rellim_63
Advanced

Glad to see it's just not me then

Quick Reply: 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread