Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:19 PM
BumbleBee Roadie
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from Vietnam.
My setup are: Arc Audio XDI 600.4, Focal 165AC in front and Focal 570AC in rear.
I have installed them all on my 15 RGS. The sound is nice but I need it more crystal and louder. I flashed the HU like Peter told me "2 Amps On, 8 Speakers On" but the sound it worse than not flashed.
The .bin file before flash is 03_Off.bin and there is no .bin file highlighted after flashed.
Which firmware of the HU are you using? Mine is 1.18.1
The sound is nice when engine off and worse when engine running. Do you have that problem?

Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Writeoff2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My fader control after the flash has it locked also to 3/4 to the rear of the bike, haven't had a chance to see how it is while riding to warm enough here yet. Anyhow mine is flashed for 135 bin off

Old 03-30-2015, 09:05 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

135_off My fader moves every time you turn it on..never in the same spot..when I read your post I started paying attention to it..but I have been told it does not matter it position.If you have two amps you tune them for your fader.one a little stronger than the other. .who in the HELL really knows....same flash different results. .It's really amazing that Harley can do this..just wondering if it's on purpose or accidentally

Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

The only thing I can add is that you shouldn't have to worry about where the fader is... because it doesn't work anyway! Mine changes all the time as well audio sounds the same no matter where the settings are.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:51 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Checked it today, I am at 132_off.bin

Can't remember what the tech input to DTII when he flashed it. I might just go backt to factory DSP flash. USB definitely working better after 18.3 though.

Replaced the speaker and readjusted gain controls. Working good again (for now).

I am so tired of this damn buggy software.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Writeoff2014
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
135_off My fader moves every time you turn it on..never in the same spot..when I read your post I started paying attention to it..but I have been told it does not matter it position.If you have two amps you tune them for your fader.one a little stronger than the other. .who in the HELL really knows....same flash different results. .It's really amazing that Harley can do this..just wondering if it's on purpose or accidentally

yup sure does move today I looked at my fader control since it was 60 out and had a chance to listen to it and take the bike for a ride. My fader moved itself to 3/4 of the way to the front. I wonder if it will eventually set itself to the middle lol. Good thing for your post because I thought I made a mistake when I made my first post or I'm just plain going crazy maybe even a little bit of both.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Mach1FB
Advanced

I had mine flashed today after installing the BT 7.1s and a 4180 (ready for lids in the future). It took the tech several tries, but he was able to load 1 & 2 amp off 8 speaker for 1.18.3 on my 4.3 2014 flhx. It sounds much better than before the flash, loud, clear, and flat. There is a lack of bass, but to be expected on a bike so overall I am happy until I get lids. I do have the fader. The tech was super helpful and actually knew what he was doing. He said they have done several ones before and the 1/2 off, 8 speaker is usually what they run. I have 135_off.bin. They also flashed it for free, amazing customer service. Thanks for all the help and knowledge of the forum.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:15 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mach1FB
I had mine flashed today after installing the BT 7.1s and a 4180 (ready for lids in the future). It took the tech several tries, but he was able to load 1 & 2 amp off 8 speaker for 1.18.3 on my 4.3 2014 flhx. It sounds much better than before the flash, loud, clear, and flat. There is a lack of bass, but to be expected on a bike so overall I am happy until I get lids. I do have the fader. The tech was super helpful and actually knew what he was doing. He said they have done several ones before and the 1/2 off, 8 speaker is usually what they run. I have 135_off.bin. They also flashed it for free, amazing customer service. Thanks for all the help and knowledge of the forum.
If you go to 1&2 amps on and 8 speaker you still get 135_off .the only difference is you lose your fader but you get bass and treble control. .helps with the flatness. .have you lost bluetooth yet with 18-3.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Mach1FB
Advanced

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
If you go to 1&2 amps on and 8 speaker you still get 135_off .the only difference is you lose your fader but you get bass and treble control. .helps with the flatness. .have you lost bluetooth yet with 18-3.
I actually do have bass and treble control. The Bluetooth was connected to my phone, but I have yet to try streaming or receiving a phone call.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mach1FB
I actually do have bass and treble control. The Bluetooth was connected to my phone, but I have yet to try streaming or receiving a phone call.
Like I have said before. Same flash different results. If I turned amps off I lose bass and treble. .my bluetooth work for about 2 weeks after 18-3 and then it died still trying to get it back.Harley should just compensate everyone or at least apologize

Quick Reply: 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread