Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:46 PM
JWilson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TVH475
I just went through this & mine doesn't have anything with an orange background! I've got a hawgwired amp & it was supposed to be flashed 8 speakers amps on, per V-twin, I didn't want to mess with much because it sounds pretty good!
Please redo this and touch the i to the right. Let us know what it says. If yours says onboard EQ flat it would be interesting how to get there...

Old 03-24-2015, 06:59 PM
TVH475
Tourer

Just did it agiain and said flat eq! Sorry if my terminology is incorrect I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to this 6.5 system!

Old 03-24-2015, 09:49 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did it agiain and said flat eq! Sorry if my terminology is incorrect I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to this 6.5 system!
Hey
What kind of bike do you have I got my stuff from V twin too and did what*Allen*told me to do 2 amps on 8 speaker..I have a 2014 limited with this flash I have 135_off. .When you go in to service mode (holding down the mute button) You can use the arrows to stroll down the list and one should be highlighted in orange. I just learned about hitting the (I) button myself. when I hit that button it popped up 135_off... sounds like we have the same flash..but two different results on the bin file..if you could please scroll down the list and see which one is highlighted
Thanks. .

Old 03-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Writeoff2014
Cruiser

I finally got my bike from the dealer today they set my radio to 135 bin off, haven't had a chance to listen to it to see how it is. Not sure if it will be flat I will check the eq file and post up. Been somewhat following this thread so I figure I thru out my info incase it may help someone else

Old 03-25-2015, 07:07 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Writeoff2014
I finally got my bike from the dealer today they set my radio to 135 bin off, haven't had a chance to listen to it to see how it is. Not sure if it will be flat I will check the eq file and post up. Been somewhat following this thread so I figure I thru out my info incase it may help someone else
Thanks
I have a 2014 limited with amps on 8 speaker.135_off .would have bet money that my EQ was a 1 Something but after they did the factory reset to fix the toggle switch not advancing songs it's a 2.1.and the radio finally sounds better. .don't know if it had something to do with it or not..but I know for sure I can finally hear it riding. .it's just the volume scale that confused me.way higher than old bike.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

I just went through this & mine doesn't have anything with an orange background! I've got a hawgwired amp & it was supposed to be flashed 8 speakers amps on, per V-twin, I didn't want to mess with much because it sounds pretty good!
Hey
I understand but I don't think you can actually change anythings yourself..I have tried to make changes when it ask to replace a bin file can't do it..it's like a computer read only file.no changing it..interesting to know what bin file with EQ version.I want to see if it's like mine or others..same combinations are getting different results..has to be some reason behind all this madness..
Thanks

Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 AM
TVH475
Tourer

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
Hey
What kind of bike do you have I got my stuff from V twin too and did what*Allen*told me to do 2 amps on 8 speaker..I have a 2014 limited with this flash I have 135_off. .When you go in to service mode (holding down the mute button) You can use the arrows to stroll down the list and one should be highlighted in orange. I just learned about hitting the (I) button myself. when I hit that button it popped up 135_off... sounds like we have the same flash..but two different results on the bin file..if you could please scroll down the list and see which one is highlighted
Thanks. .
I've got a '15 RGS! I'll try to get my service report of what harley flashed to my bike posted as soon as I get time! Do I need to continue holding the mute button down to see what is highlighted?

Old 03-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Blues Guy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After contributing to this exercise then reading all of the subsequent feedback I'm leaning towards replacing the HU (I have the 4.3) rather than deal with all of the issues trying to make the stock system work. Originally I was going to maintain the 4.3 then add BT amp & speakers. But I'd hate to drop that much coin and have to contend with all of the flash/bin issues. I'm a longtime rider but a novice with this bike audio stuff. I like the appearance of the stock unit but the Metra conversion kit and a Sony HU is starting to look better and better.

Last edited by Blues Guy; 03-25-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:47 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser

You're just getting the extra sound from the DSP on the radio, if you keep the gain down on the amp it MIGHT be ok for a while yes!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:50 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Blues Guy
After contributing to this exercise then reading all of the subsequent feedback I'm leaning towards replacing the HU (I have the 4.3) rather than deal with all of the issues trying to make the stock system work. Originally I was going to maintain the 4.3 then add BT amp & speakers. But I'd hate to drop that much coin and have to contend with all of the flash/bin issues. I'm a longtime rider but a novice with this bike audio stuff. I like the appearance of the stock unit but the Metra conversion kit and a Sony HU is starting to look better an better.
If I had the 4.3 radio I would have replaced my HU without a DOUBT! Literally no sense in keeping that one if you can coin for a better single din thats for damn sure. MUCH more control and no firmware/software BS to deal with.

Quick Reply: 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread