Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:44 PM
onewheat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
SAME HERE.
I know half of my system on my 2012 street glide Rocked.I just knew when I double it on this 14 limited it was going to be like a Rock concert. Man was I wrong..it sucks having this much money invested for the quality of sound I have.I feel like 135 is killing the output from the radio to the input of the amp.No power.
That is my worry. I had a lengthy discussion with the Service Mgr at Harley this afternoon - he assures me it isn't a problem. He recently did one for a guy that works there and everything came out great. He said you just have to tell it what to do. I guess I will see when I get it all installed. After dropping all this coin - I WILL end up with a killer stereo (eventually) but I am hoping it it right off the bat.

- yes, I know...

Old 03-20-2015, 08:28 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onewheat
That is my worry. I had a lengthy discussion with the Service Mgr at Harley this afternoon - he assures me it isn't a problem. He recently did one for a guy that works there and everything came out great. He said you just have to tell it what to do. I guess I will see when I get it all installed. After dropping all this coin - I WILL end up with a killer stereo (eventually) but I am hoping it it right off the bat.

- yes, I know...
Then I wish he would tell us what to do.I have not talk to anyone that can honestly say what's the fix.what works for one should work for all..so many opinions you would think that Harley could tell us exactly what to do.why is this so complicated

Old 03-20-2015, 11:54 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Then I wish he would tell us what to do.I have not talk to anyone that can honestly say what's the fix.what works for one should work for all..so many opinions you would think that Harley could tell us exactly what to do.why is this so complicated
It would appear that Harley is trying to prevent any aftermarket companies from interfacing with their product, in effect cornering the market on upgrades.

Apple made this happen as well, I believe a class action lawsuit awas finally filed on consumers behalf to prevent this type of monopoly.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM
sprint07
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=lyork;13828415]It would appear that Harley is trying to prevent any aftermarket companies from interfacing with their product, in effect cornering the market on upgrades.

We have a winner!! My service manager at my dealership has admitted that this is what the mothership is attempting to accomplish. Hopefully UltraNutz pulls a rabbit out of his fairing and gets this figured out so we can happily install our BT stuff and it can blow away all those other systems.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:22 PM
onewheat
Cruiser

I'll see what exactly he knows when I get my stuff installed - tick, tock, tick, tock...

Old 03-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

[QUOTE=sprint07;13830343]
Originally Posted by lyork
It would appear that Harley is trying to prevent any aftermarket companies from interfacing with their product, in effect cornering the market on upgrades.

We have a winner!! My service manager at my dealership has admitted that this is what the mothership is attempting to accomplish. Hopefully UltraNutz pulls a rabbit out of his fairing and gets this figured out so we can happily install our BT stuff and it can blow away all those other systems.
And in the mean time I'm telling everyone I know how much these new Harley radios suck...

Old 03-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Flyboy
Cruiser

So is anything working right now? I have lids coming for my RGS and was planning on BT 4180 and speakers, but if it's not gonna work.....
Can I wire in rear speakers into the stock deck temporarily or do I need an amp?

Old 03-22-2015, 06:28 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyboy
So is anything working right now? I have lids coming for my RGS and was planning on BT 4180 and speakers, but if it's not gonna work.....
Can I wire in rear speakers into the stock deck temporarily or do I need an amp?
By default... your rear speaker ouputs are disabled... you would still need a flash to enable rear speakers and fade control

Old 03-22-2015, 06:35 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
By default... your rear speaker ouputs are disabled... you would still need a flash to enable rear speakers and fade control
Tgirsko,

When you wired your setup, did you split the front HU output to power the front and rear channels of your amp? I thought I read somewhere that you did not have the fader on yours.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:11 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=sprint07;13830343]
Originally Posted by lyork

I also talked to a service manager yesterday. I asked him if he had any luck with aftermarket amp flashes.he told me no and that's what Harley wanted..They want you to buy the boom equipment and they have no plans on giving us anything to help out....It's kind of a slap in the face to me. I Buy enough Harley Davidson stuff now with Taiwan stamped on it.Just about had enough from them..I'm so Sad Big Dog went out of business..Maybe Indian will give them a run...

Quick Reply: 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread