Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:10 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
Hey
I have had 135_off since January.The guys at vtwin audio suggest amp 1&2 on 8 speakers that gave me 135_off.bin avc off but I still have something not right. bike been at shop for some other radio problems they said they had to do a reset and it all back working So I'am hoping that was my problem with sound also. But what I found with the bin files 135 is not a flat eq. 02_off is a flat Eq. We will someday know all we need to about this radio. Thanks for all your hard work..
My 135 sounds flatter than the most flattest pancake you could ever get from a box of cheap powder bought from the dollar store.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:16 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biglipps66
My 135 sounds flatter than the most flattest pancake you could ever get from a box of cheap powder bought from the dollar store.
Hey
That's what so weird. Same file sounds totally different. Like I said hopefully the reset change something. Just kept trying sooner or later it will work itself out

Old 03-17-2015, 11:50 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

So I have to ask---are we better off holding off on any upgrades to our stereos until this gets figured out?

My Boom I upgrade is actually sounding pretty good since I started toggling the AVC.

I've been told that since I have the 17 software, I can get great results with the " no amp, 8 speaker" flash. If they update my software to 18, then all bets are off.

What to do??

Old 03-18-2015, 12:50 AM
ducatidesmo
Cruiser

Personally, I'm pissed and disappointed with the 135_OFF.BIN flash... I've turned the bass to max and still have no bass, and it's not loud enough on the road. I know it isn't my hardware because I pulled it out of my 13 street glide and it made my ears bleed... I've still got 30 minutes with the dealer that I'll use once we can get it taken care of once and for all. Honestly it was better with the 00_OFF.Bin (which was stock on my bike because it's a 4 speaker limited.) The two speaker guys are able to get the halo 02_OFF.bin, which looks like they choose 4 speakers amps no... us 4 speaker guys choose that and we get the stock flash... If I could fit an Audison BitOne under that faring... MAAAN!!!!!!! So frustrating...

Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Was thinking what would happen if one was to take bike in hook it up to Harley tech then use 6.5 select flash u want and when screen says load file if hitting yes at that point while hooked to Harley tech if file wanted would be pulled from laptop and loaded. Don't think it could be this easy but have not heard anyone try.00_off rocks hard but maybe could be better

Old 03-18-2015, 12:15 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ducatidesmo
Personally, I'm pissed and disappointed with the 135_OFF.BIN flash... I've turned the bass to max and still have no bass, and it's not loud enough on the road. I know it isn't my hardware because I pulled it out of my 13 street glide and it made my ears bleed... I've still got 30 minutes with the dealer that I'll use once we can get it taken care of once and for all. Honestly it was better with the 00_OFF.Bin (which was stock on my bike because it's a 4 speaker limited.) The two speaker guys are able to get the halo 02_OFF.bin, which looks like they choose 4 speakers amps no... us 4 speaker guys choose that and we get the stock flash... If I could fit an Audison BitOne under that faring... MAAAN!!!!!!! So frustrating...
You can just thank the lovely 14 radio for your problem really. I turned up the gain on the line convertor to my 7.1s a couple days ago and it definitely adds a little to the sound.

I know it sucks, but if you can run a software EQ off your phone and stream the music that works too. Its the only way Im listening to music at the moment, software eq pushed for pandora and/or the mp3s from phone.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:00 PM
onewheat
Cruiser
Angry Ranting and more

OK - I now know that an Audio Flash is different than a Software Update (saw this on another forum about updating software) - Soooo, does an Audio Flash also do a Software Update at the same time, or are they independent? Can you do one or the other - or just a Software Update without a Flash? If a Flash is done, then later Software is updated, will that affect the Flash?

I have my HATs installed in my bag lids and want to get started on the 7.1Ps and BT4180 tomorrow, if possible but I am really dreading turning it on after dropping that much cash. I have had no updates or flashes and haven't purchased Magic Boxes or anything yet. I am SOOO frustrated with Harley and their audio BS. The last thing I want to have to do is dump the 6.5 head unit and buy something else (if something ever becomes available). The Nav and integration was one of the main reasons I went for the SGS over the regular SG. My stereo should BLOW AWAY anything HD has in their accessory catalog without all of the hassles I'm reading about - I'm already stressed out about it and it isn't even installed yet.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:28 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by onewheat
OK - I now know that an Audio Flash is different than a Software Update (saw this on another forum about updating software) - Soooo, does an Audio Flash also do a Software Update at the same time, or are they independent? Can you do one or the other - or just a Software Update without a Flash? If a Flash is done, then later Software is updated, will that affect the Flash?

I have my HATs installed in my bag lids and want to get started on the 7.1Ps and BT4180 tomorrow, if possible but I am really dreading turning it on after dropping that much cash. I have had no updates or flashes and haven't purchased Magic Boxes or anything yet. I am SOOO frustrated with Harley and their audio BS. The last thing I want to have to do is dump the 6.5 head unit and buy something else (if something ever becomes available). The Nav and integration was one of the main reasons I went for the SGS over the regular SG. My stereo should BLOW AWAY anything HD has in their accessory catalog without all of the hassles I'm reading about - I'm already stressed out about it and it isn't even installed yet.
I'm in the same boat. Still have the 17 software and just would like to know if I'm good to go, or am I going a have "pancake flat" sound when I'm done.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:11 AM
rellim_63
Advanced

Originally Posted by lyork
I'm in the same boat. Still have the 17 software and just would like to know if I'm good to go, or am I going a have "pancake flat" sound when I'm done.
Same here except dealer upgraded the software to 18 when i last took the bike in. Kinda scared to put in my new setup.
Also is there a way to go back in software versions if the 18 software isn't working?

Last edited by rellim_63; 03-19-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:16 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ducatidesmo
SAME HERE.
I know half of my system on my 2012 street glide Rocked.I just knew when I double it on this 14 limited it was going to be like a Rock concert. Man was I wrong..it sucks having this much money invested for the quality of sound I have.I feel like 135 is killing the output from the radio to the input of the amp.No power.

Quick Reply: 2014+' radio flash for aftermarket setups: donation thread