Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Arc Audio Moto 600.4 Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 08:00 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Sounds like you guy has no clue what he's doing. A friend just put that same amp with a pair of Arc Moto 602 in the fairing and Arc 6X9's in the lids and it cranks with no issues.

With regard to heat, that's another line of bullshit. I've had numerous amps in my bags with multiple speakers inside my bags, and lids, and never had an amp overheat. If you were closer to Miami I'd tell you to bring your bike by! Maybe when you get back you can take some pics and post them.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:20 PM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am back in town. I was gone 42 days and he had the bike for at 30 of those. I turned on the radio and cranked it up to 1/2 volume and it shut down. He has not fixed anything. I may try to set it myself or take it to the nearest dealer who is 100 miles away. This guy needs to get out of the business. Arc should take away his dealership. They don't need folks telling customers not to play the cd because it will cause the Arc amp to shut down or to leave space in the saddlebags or the speakers will overheat. Considering the cost of this system who the hell would buy it if it had to be pampered.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
I've had this amp three times. Yes it will go into protect if 1. Your battery is low or 2. The gains are set too high. If installed correctly you should not have any issues. How were the gains set? Not discounting your issues but it's not accurate if the installation is done incorrectly. Having said that, this example is big reason why some folks go the BT4180 route.
Haze is dead on with his post 2000. Check battery and gains. I've had that amp a couple times myself and installed it several times for other guys. It's a good amp when tuned properly.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:01 PM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear

The left rear speaker is out. This is what was wrong the last time and I was told he was going to change the speaker. I friend brought it home and when I got home the speaker was still out. Whether or not he changed it I do not know because he is not answering txt or calls. I hooked the wiring to the other side and it works fine. As long as the failed speaker is not hooked up I can play it as loud as I want. I have had so much go wrong but I believe the first one was a speaker that had a resister go out. i am wondering now if it was the same one. Maybe there is a short in the wiring that is causing this. I know when I pulled the fairing off and turned the wheel all the way right the wires were tight. He used existing wiring from my boom system.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:34 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

If you have a bad speaker or wires are shorting the amp could very well being seeing a lower impedance load than it can support and start to cut out.

I think you may have figured this out quicker and easier than that audio guy!

Take a DMM to your "bad" speaker and see what the ohm's resistance is.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear

I have taken the bike to an Arc Audio dealer about 100 miles away. They are going to replace the speakers, amp, and all the wiring. Hopefully Arc will warranty their part. I will be out the labor. They have done several of these systems without any problems. I finally heard back from the original installer. He asked me if I was using the GPS when the speaker blew. Hell I did not even ride it. I tried it in my shop and the speaker was already out. He needs to find another line of work.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:01 PM
ExtremeBaggers
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know when the amp goes into protect mode it blinks a code and tells you exactly what it is. I never had my Arc 125.4 shut down ever and I'm installing a Moto 6 now

Old 04-26-2016, 03:57 PM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear

I was getting code 12 short in the low power channel which made sense because the left front speaker was not working at all the the back left was just static. The person who sold it and was working on it never told me what error codes he got. He didn't say much. I hope Arc drops him from their approved vendor list. He is not even working all the time. He has another job now. Not surprising that his stereo business did not make it. I took it too another Arc dealer. He is going to replace everything including the wiring. I really believe I got a bad install. Hopefully Arc will warranty their equipment. I will be out the installation fee.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:48 AM
ExtremeBaggers
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abolen2000@yahoo.com
I was getting code 12 short in the low power channel which made sense because the left front speaker was not working at all the the back left was just static. The person who sold it and was working on it never told me what error codes he got. He didn't say much. I hope Arc drops him from their approved vendor list. He is not even working all the time. He has another job now. Not surprising that his stereo business did not make it. I took it too another Arc dealer. He is going to replace everything including the wiring. I really believe I got a bad install. Hopefully Arc will warranty their equipment. I will be out the installation fee.
I just installed mine , only front speakers are hooked up but I love it. Final install will be done today then just need to tune it. But I ran it at 3/4 volume for 20 min. And couldn't be happier.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:54 PM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear

I ended up going to another Arc Audio dealer 100 miles away. I ordered an Aquatic radio also. The dealer said no worries he had installed 4 of the Arc systems. I started worrying when he said there was nowhere to set the amp. I told him to take the plate off the top. When I went to pick up the bike he had installed the replacement speakers and the radio but not the amp. His excuse was the radio had a built in amp. He even said he was going to stock the radio and quit selling Arc equipment. I ended up bringing the bike home and getting my buddy who is a tech at the local Harley shop to finish the install. He has instruments to set the gains. Everything is up and running and sounding great.

Quick Reply: New Arc Audio Moto 600.4 Amp