Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Arc Audio Moto 600.4 Amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Mr_King
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
Just installed this amp with Focal 165KRC's and HAT 157-2's in the lids... truly impressed!

Look for my video thread for Soundz Level 4

tgrisko,

I'm just returning my KS-125.4 because it did not fit and am looking at the 600.4. Using JL C5-650 for the front and wonder if you would have bought the HAT 157-2's again. I usually like having the same manufacturer for front and rear but the C5-570 will not fit in the lids. Wondering if there is a large difference between your front Focals and the rear HATs??

Old 02-24-2015, 10:03 PM
gtr86
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following this thread...

Old 02-27-2015, 09:42 AM
rcrullamas
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
Well.. with running a 2-1 pro pipe with a comp baffle, I can hear the music just fine at 90mph... it's almost too loud at times and have to turn it down
Any issues with FM reception with amp?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_King
tgrisko,

I'm just returning my KS-125.4 because it did not fit and am looking at the 600.4. Using JL C5-650 for the front and wonder if you would have bought the HAT 157-2's again. I usually like having the same manufacturer for front and rear but the C5-570 will not fit in the lids. Wondering if there is a large difference between your front Focals and the rear HATs??
Sorry for the delay....

The XDI 600.4 fits perfect on the factory amp tray... I had/have no issues....

I like matching speakers as well and would have gone Focal AC570's... IF they were waterproof like the HAT's. Both Focals and HAT's are crisp and clear... complement each other nicely.... IMHO

Originally Posted by rcrullamas
Any issues with FM reception with amp?
Actually it went south a bit.... gotta try to rectify that.... but I mainly listen to MP3's via flash drive anyway..... Reception has always been hit or miss on my sled ( factory shorty) so its no big loss for me. mainly the area I live in as well...

Last edited by Spazz; 02-27-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:11 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Just saw on Peter Jensen Facebook page for Soundz Customz he's taking boatload of the new Moto 600.4 amps down to Daytona.

https://www.facebook.com/soundzcustomz

Old 04-14-2015, 12:45 PM
HDAUDIOMAN79
Advanced

Did any of you guys get this installed yet?

Old 03-02-2016, 04:04 PM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear
Default 600.4 Arc Audio amp

Maybe someone else is having better luck but I told the guy at the audio place I wanted the best one he had. I wanted to hear it at 80 mph. He recommended this amp with matching speakers. It was costly but installed and the next day after getting the bike back on a road trip it failed before I even got out of town. Turned out to be a factory defect. Put a new one in and it has failed at least 3 times. One time I did not even get it home. Keeps going into safe mode. The last time he adjusted the bass and treble down to almost nothing and set the gain low. Then told me not to play it over 3/4. On the first trip out of town trip the amp starting going into safe mode again and now cannot be turned up even 1/2 way. A lot of money to spend on an amp you cannot even turn up. Maybe this is the dealer not knowing what he is doing but I told him to take it out and put in something that will work. I do not recommend ARC Audio after this experience. It sounded great when I first got it but not reliable. I have a 2013 HD Street Glide.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by abolen2000@yahoo.com
Maybe someone else is having better luck but I told the guy at the audio place I wanted the best one he had. I wanted to hear it at 80 mph. He recommended this amp with matching speakers. It was costly but installed and the next day after getting the bike back on a road trip it failed before I even got out of town. Turned out to be a factory defect. Put a new one in and it has failed at least 3 times. One time I did not even get it home. Keeps going into safe mode. The last time he adjusted the bass and treble down to almost nothing and set the gain low. Then told me not to play it over 3/4. On the first trip out of town trip the amp starting going into safe mode again and now cannot be turned up even 1/2 way. A lot of money to spend on an amp you cannot even turn up. Maybe this is the dealer not knowing what he is doing but I told him to take it out and put in something that will work. I do not recommend ARC Audio after this experience. It sounded great when I first got it but not reliable. I have a 2013 HD Street Glide.
I've had this amp three times. Yes it will go into protect if 1. Your battery is low or 2. The gains are set too high. If installed correctly you should not have any issues. How were the gains set? Not discounting your issues but it's not accurate if the installation is done incorrectly. Having said that, this example is big reason why some folks go the BT4180 route.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:40 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've sold a lot of these amps and haven't had any complaints yet. However if someone is not comfortable with tuning their setup, I go the 4180 route for simplicity.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:50 AM
abolen2000@yahoo.com
6th Gear

You both may be right in that the guy who set up the system is just not setting the amp up correctly.
Right now the left channel is out and the amp goes into protect mode at about 1/2 volume. He is supposed to call and get some help.

Quick Reply: New Arc Audio Moto 600.4 Amp