Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoundzCustomz Level 4 w/ lids - video after install

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Don't forget that Soundz is in Myrtle this week. That may delay his response.
DANG... that will put a delay on Chunky's install... kinda sucks... I know when I got my system, I was a fired up to get it installed.... I can't imagine how I would feel....

Old 05-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Chunky Monkey
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
Sorry for the troubles for sure... just glad we figured it out BEFORE you broke out the cutters.

Did you get any response yet? I know you were gonna contact them....
Yes I talked to Randy this morning. He had me send pictures to him. I have not heard back from them yet. But the more I think about it I have to have some kind of splitter for the RCA's because there's just one set in the front channel. I'm sure a whole wiring harness is missing.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Chunky Monkey
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrisko
DANG... that will put a delay on Chunky's install... kinda sucks... I know when I got my system, I was a fired up to get it installed.... I can't imagine how I would feel....

I was stoked that everything came together. Thursday the speaker lids and everything arrived on time. Then Friday I got all the stereo equipment and the gasket sealer for the rear deck speakers. So I took a deep breath started taking things apart and was getting more more excited but also a little bit more confused how it was going to work. That is when I contacted Todd had we discovered that there was parts missing.

Now I am really kind of hacked that I'm halfway through this. I've got the bike is torn apart and I'm looking at least a couple days delay just to get the extra stuff here. I will say this too though all the boxes look like they've been stored in someone's garage under their shop bench. I wasn't impressed with the Quality of the stuff they sent out. Everything looked okay but it looks like someone repackaged their stuff they took out of their own bikes and had save the boxes.

Last edited by Chunky Monkey; 05-10-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry to hear this CM. Hopefully, this will all be sorted out soon.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I finally pulled the trigger on another system yesterday. Tracked down Soundz in Myrtle and after kicking tires for about an hour pulled the trigger on their Level IV system with the Moto 600.4 amp and ISC165's in the rear. I was originally planning to go with the KRC's in the tourpak, but I REALLY didn't like the look of the 1" Metra adapter rings.....they were just way too bulky. The ISC's were able to drop into the rear without any adapters.

The show price was the same as their advertised online price but it included installation. It was pissing rain most of the time and it took those guys a good few hours start to finish. I'm glad I had them do the install as I'm sure it would have taken me an entire day.....it was obvious those guys have done A LOT of bikes. I was VERY happy with the amount of time Peter spent tuning the amp. He started with an oscilloscope, then tuned it a bit more by ear, then checked it with the scope again.

It was after 9pm when they finished buttoning everything up so I didn't get a chance to play with it a whole lot. I will say that on my brief ride home it sounded pretty damn good. I was definitely more wowed by this system then when I picked my bike up after having the Stage II Boom stuff installed.

The only negative so far is I've lost my fader capabilities. It's not a huge deal as I never moved it from center before. That said, my preference would have been to keep it. The reason it no longer works is because Harley only uses the front radio outputs to power their Boom 4-channel amp. By sticking with the same setup, my bike did not need a new flash. The trade off is no fader.

Last edited by dgreen1069; 05-12-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:35 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Sold!... I gonna Trash the Boom system they are so Proud of !

Sold!... I gonna Trash the Boom system they are so Proud of !

Old 06-23-2016, 07:36 PM
rocknride71
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Spazz, Dgreen1069, Any issues when encountering rain w/ the speakers? I'm curious because I'm about to go w/ this set up myself and I don't want anything to happen to it due to rain. Especially after spending a good chunk of change like this. I plan on going w/ 6 speakers to replace the Boom 1 system currently installed.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:49 PM
LL247
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknride71
Spazz, Dgreen1069, Any issues when encountering rain w/ the speakers? I'm curious because I'm about to go w/ this set up myself and I don't want anything to happen to it due to rain. Especially after spending a good chunk of change like this. I plan on going w/ 6 speakers to replace the Boom 1 system currently installed.
Sending you a PM now so you don't grossly overpay for the system from Soundz...

Old 06-26-2016, 03:38 PM
13glide
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Spazz, because you answered my questions last year I met Peter in Laconia last year.I ended up with the level 4 2 speaker system whichh was very good.This year I ended going to level 5 with 4 channel amp,hybridd audio for ballads and sony radio.Peter installed the new radio and fairing speakers and the adjusted it.I am grateful that I saw your original video and you gave your opion on you set up.Peter and family are easy to talk to and deal with which is hard to find these days.