Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoundzCustomz Level 4 w/ lids - video after install

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Tgrisko,

Did you have any issues getting your radio flashed at your dealer? Did you have the latest flashware prior to the reprogramming?

Have you had any issues since your install? Can you play your radio at max volume without clipping or distortion?

Do you mind sharing why you went with Soundz over Biketronics? Not trying to start a feud, just curious about the pros and cons of each.
I have the latest software and no issues getting it flashed.. took 10 minutes max.

No issues at all since install. Actually I can play my deck at or near max volume.... since above 75% on some music literally HURTS my ears... I don't... it's so loud that it's not enjoyable at that point.

And yes.... IT's CRYSTAL CLEAR

Let's just say that I had VERY good and detailed conversations with Peter at Soundz for many weeks prior to my decision to purchase. Any and all questions ( emails ) were answered with every detail, in a timely manner ( sometimes within minutes ).

My system... as is EVERY system from Soundz... was oscilloscope-tuned BEFORE I received it. Some like to just throw their equipment at you and say thanks.... Then you have folks that crank gains to full levels and max out a volume scale and blow speakers and clip amps. There are limitations that should be considered and adhered to... tuning helps that.

Last edited by Spazz; 02-26-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:13 AM
txgent73
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MMCF!

I love the dash insert. I am going to have to look into getting one of those for my RG

OOH Rah!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 AM
Spazz
Tourer

Originally Posted by txgent73
MMCF!

I love the dash insert. I am going to have to look into getting one of those for my RG

OOH Rah!
Talk to Benji @ Legacy Baggers on FB... he does AWESOME work!

Semper Fi Brother....

Old 02-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

tgrisco,

This thread answered my question from another thread you were on. This sounds amazing! I listened through some high quality headphones and it made all the difference! This setup is almost identical to the package that I'm working with with another vendor. Great job! would it be possible to PM me with the total cost from your vendor so that I can do some comparison shopping. Thanks!

Old 02-27-2015, 02:26 PM
onewheat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tgrisko

The recommended flash for me and my sled was 2 amp on 8 speaker on ... apparently the flash that can or can't be done depends on the VIN ( what I was told )

I had the configuration done for 2 channel input and split with RCA's to the rear....no fade control... but I didn't need it anyway....
Have you looked to see which bin file that you have after the flash?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:36 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I found some of your installation videos on Youtube. How long did your install take?

Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Spazz
Tourer

Originally Posted by onewheat
Have you looked to see which bin file that you have after the flash?
Not yet... I will... thanks for the reminder...

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
I found some of your installation videos on Youtube. How long did your install take?
Teardown was about an hour.... outer faring, tank, bags, wire tray, pods and amp rack....

Pod Mod took about an hour.... initial trimming, test fit, final trimming then assembled with wires and crossovers for install

Lids were added so it took about an hour and a half for disassembly/assembly and cutting the baskets to clear the HAT 157-2's and get them in.

Wiring about 30 minutes tops..... just fishing it all in nice and neat. It's pre-wired.

Asembly about an hour to get it back to complete...

5-6 hours total.....I didn't rush....

Last edited by Spazz; 02-27-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:30 PM
09FLHXrLVNV
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgrisko
I cannot believe the clarity and performance of this system! I had it down at HD today next to a Boom II and I blew it away and I'm not even past the break-in yet....

Big Thanks to Peter Jensen of SoundzCustomz for putting together an awesome system!

Here's my video.... incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jgaPpgfkZk
tgrisko...if you ever head down south to visit the LVStrip...give me a holler...sounds amazing...as my daughter (12) sings in background

Old 02-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Spazz
Tourer

Originally Posted by 09FLHXrLVNV

tgrisko...if you ever head down south to visit the LVStrip...give me a holler...sounds amazing...as my daughter (12) sings in background
I need to head to Vegas soon... been too long since I've been on the strip....it's only 500 miles... makes for a great ride

Old 03-01-2015, 07:33 PM
JWilson
Cruiser

Did you ever check to see which .bin is loaded?

Quick Reply: SoundzCustomz Level 4 w/ lids - video after install