Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoundzCustomz Level 4 w/ lids - video after install

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Baldman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds excellent! Congrats!

Old 02-19-2015, 10:33 AM
ALUCARD19
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice sound very clear.
At least the neighbors will know when you leave and get home.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:10 PM
MKennedy616
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yeah! Nice system there man! Can't wait to get the flash done and really crank my biketronics 7.1 pros!!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

It's beautiful thing. . . . Great video!

Old 02-20-2015, 04:08 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Tell your neighbor to police up there trash can. I thought someone was spying out the window and called the police. he-he. Sounds great a block away. Where is everybody? no kids and dogs running around....Pleasantville USA

Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by duglaura&flhti
Tell your neighbor to police up there trash can. I thought someone was spying out the window and called the police. he-he. Sounds great a block away. Where is everybody? no kids and dogs running around....Pleasantville USA
1030am on a wednesday is when I shot it.... but that's how my neighborhood is 90% of the time... quiet..... until now...lol

Old 02-24-2015, 11:12 PM
onewheat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tgrisko

Big Thanks to Peter Jensen of SoundzCustomz for putting together an awesome system!

Did you get everything in the photo from SoundzCustomz or did you order your lids and grills from HD? I got my lids and need to order the grills - wondering, if you ordered the grills, did you order the HD screws or are they just regular old screws you could pick up at any hardware store? Harley wants $1 each for the small screws with 16 required in the kit. It's bad enough you have to pay $70+ to get the grills, much less another $16 for screws.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by onewheat
Did you get everything in the photo from SoundzCustomz or did you order your lids and grills from HD? I got my lids and need to order the grills - wondering, if you ordered the grills, did you order the HD screws or are they just regular old screws you could pick up at any hardware store? Harley wants $1 each for the small screws with 16 required in the kit. It's bad enough you have to pay $70+ to get the grills, much less another $16 for screws.
Lids and grills are from HD.... and yes I bought the specialty screws from HD . Are they needed? Not sure, ( prolly not ) but didn't want to chance it.

Your gonna need the 16 specialty hi-lo screws AND the the 8 rubber bushings that go between the grills and the lids. $1 a piece aint bad.. the screws and bushings in my place were like $45....

Old 02-25-2015, 04:52 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tgrisko,

Did you have any issues getting your radio flashed at your dealer? Did you have the latest flashware prior to the reprogramming?

Have you had any issues since your install? Can you play your radio at max volume without clipping or distortion?

Do you mind sharing why you went with Soundz over Biketronics? Not trying to start a feud, just curious about the pros and cons of each.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:07 AM
onewheat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tgrisko
Lids and grills are from HD.... and yes I bought the specialty screws from HD . Are they needed? Not sure, ( prolly not ) but didn't want to chance it.

Your gonna need the 16 specialty hi-lo screws AND the the 8 rubber bushings that go between the grills and the lids. $1 a piece aint bad.. the screws and bushings in my place were like $45....
The screws and bushings are about $25 but the HD Rear Speaker Kit also includes 12 "clips" and some rubber grommets (I assume to go through the bags) and it all totals around $45. I guess I'll go with the screws when I order the grills. Did you have any issue with tweeters hitting the grills like Tom asked about? I haven't heard this before.

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Tgrisko,

Did you have any issues getting your radio flashed at your dealer? Did you have the latest flashware prior to the reprogramming?

Have you had any issues since your install? Can you play your radio at max volume without clipping or distortion?

Do you mind sharing why you went with Soundz over Biketronics? Not trying to start a feud, just curious about the pros and cons of each.
I know you have paid a lot to get upgraded but "full volume" on your radio is introducing a lot of distortion into your signal. Ideally, you would be putting out about 70% - 80% of full volume to be at the max volume of your system. I know it isn't meeting your expectations but NO system is designed to be turned ALL the way up. The amp in the HU will be feeding a clipped signal into your amp and it will distort and if the clipping is bad enough, it may be throwing your external amps into protection mode and that may be why they are cutting out. I'm not sure as I have no experience with a Stage II system, but just audio system knowledge in general. I agree something isn't right, but I'm not sure what it is.

Quick Reply: SoundzCustomz Level 4 w/ lids - video after install