Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these crossovers? Do I use them when I swap speakers? Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 AM
kyle31490
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these crossovers? Do I use them when I swap speakers? Wiring?

So I got a new set of Memphis Audio 5x7 car speakers from the previous owner when I bought the bike. I posted a thread about them and it appears will be better than the Hog Tunes speakers that are in there now. These are in a 2010 road glide custom fairing. I have 4 speakers in the stock fairing (2 in stock locations, 2 lower on inside of lower inner). A hogtunes 24.2 amp powers these top speakers, if any of that matters. I'll be ready to put these Memphis speakers in once I found new speaker grill covers (anyone have a set?) and figure out this wiring.

So they came with 2 of these box looking things with wires (see pic.).

Are these crossovers? If so, do they just separate the sound for these speakers to work better?

Do I wire the main power and ground to the exsisting wires that go to the hog tunes? In the pic I posted, The blue wire going into the hogtunes is the hot and the black wire is the ground. Can I solder the black wire on the crossover to the black wire already in the bike, and solder the red wire on the crossover to the blue wire already in the bike? Id shorten up the red and black wire on the crossover a lot.

Thanks for any info and advice! I know very little about stereos, obviously.

Attached Images