Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BT Speaker Pods

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default BT Speaker Pods

I see the BT pods are sold with the BT474 speakers. Is it worthwhile to upgrade these speakers to say BT7P1 or maybe the Pro's?

I'm looking at the 4180 and 7.1 Pro's for my 05 Eglide and then likely adding the pods for the TP later.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Egldr05
I see the BT pods are sold with the BT474 speakers. Is it worthwhile to upgrade these speakers to say BT7P1 or maybe the Pro's?

I'm looking at the 4180 and 7.1 Pro's for my 05 Eglide and then likely adding the pods for the TP later.

Thanks,
Rick
YES. The PRO'S are the best speaker I've ever heard bar none and I've pretty much heard em all!! The 7.1's are a very close second. Go for it brother. Sign up for the group buy!

Old 02-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Egldr05
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gannicus
YES. The PRO'S are the best speaker I've ever heard bar none and I've pretty much heard em all!! The 7.1's are a very close second. Go for it brother. Sign up for the group buy!

What about the BT474 pod speakers?

Thanks,
Rick

Old 02-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

What about the BT474 pod speakers?

Thanks,
Rick
Same thing as the 7.1's only in a kit with the pods. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

You won't find a kit that sounds better in the rear pods.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Same thing as the 7.1's only in a kit with the pods. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

You won't find a kit that sounds better in the rear pods.
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on something with this group buy I just have to figure out what.

Any thoughts on the sound quality of the pods vs. bag lids? The cons with the pods is I lose the rears when I pull the TP. The cons with the bag lids is I lose some room in the bags. I do a lot of 2-up touring so I'm not thrilled with that prospect.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 02-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on something with this group buy I just have to figure out what.

Any thoughts on the sound quality of the pods vs. bag lids? The cons with the pods is I lose the rears when I pull the TP. The cons with the bag lids is I lose some room in the bags. I do a lot of 2-up touring so I'm not thrilled with that prospect.

Thanks,
Rick
Actually you don't lose as much room as one would think with the lids. My wife is a pack rat and she can still get all of her stuff in the bags. She was shocked after raising all that hell with me about losing space. . . lol

Both the BT lids and the Pod's have excellent sound quality!

Last edited by Gannicus; 02-01-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:02 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I have the BT 6X9 lids and 7.1 pods, the pods hit harder on my system that the 6x9's. My plan for touring is if I need more room, to just pull the CVO bags and speaker lids and put my stock bags back on for the trip. I haven't sold them just for this reason, but the speakers don't take up that much room as mentioned.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Those pods look sweet! I doubt anyone could tell they weren't stock unless you pointed them out. Very nice!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:00 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Those pods look sweet! I doubt anyone could tell they weren't stock unless you pointed them out. Very nice!
I went for a couple hundred mile ride yesterday and had a few stops with the group I was with, they get noticed. First thing that was said was "Damn, do you have enough speakers?" And second question was, " where did you get those huge tour pack speakers, they look and sound great!"

They look much bigger in person when your parked near a bunch of other touring bikes with stock pods.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I went for a couple hundred mile ride yesterday and had a few stops with the group I was with, they get noticed. First thing that was said was "Damn, do you have enough speakers?" And second question was, " where did you get those huge tour pack speakers, they look and sound great!"

They look much bigger in person when your parked near a bunch of other touring bikes with stock pods.
you like the upgrades? verdict on lowers?

Quick Reply: BT Speaker Pods