Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bluetooth Adapter: Harley-HC2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:46 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Harley Bluetooth Adapter: Harley-HC2

Does this work with the factory CB radio (pre 2014) using the PTT feature?

Someone has to have tried this.

http://www.spoiledbiker.com/product3326.html

Thanks

Old 01-22-2015, 11:58 AM
jussdandy
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mpow Mini Steamboat Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver
I just bought one of these after another recommendation
It works great but I only use it for music not cb
Less than $20 on Amazon

Old 01-23-2015, 12:04 PM
pp6000v2
Cruiser

I didn't believe these were generally available in the U.S. anymore, but that is the dongle you'd need to get voice OUT (the Sena SM10 would only be able to get audio IN to your helmet, not voice OUT, and the SR10 doesn't pin out to Harley's headset connector in the right ways to work).

Old 01-23-2015, 01:27 PM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My proposed setup would be a Sena SMH10 BT in helmet and the Harley-HC2 on the bike. My understanding is the HC2 works fine with BT. But I'm told in order to you the pre-2014 CB radios you have to use the PTT in order to talk. Which to me is not an issue. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried this yet with our CBs.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:39 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTuner
My proposed setup would be a Sena SMH10 BT in helmet and the Harley-HC2 on the bike. My understanding is the HC2 works fine with BT. But I'm told in order to you the pre-2014 CB radios you have to use the PTT in order to talk. Which to me is not an issue. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried this yet with our CBs.
I wired up an SR10 to work on the new Harleys. On my bike I connected it straight to my P&A Audio Connector in the fairing. The wire runs into that little USB compartment on the inner fairing. I don't use it for playing music to my sena headset (although it does do it but the audio is mono) just for voice commands, CB, and taking phone calls. The SR10 will automatically open up the two way channel when sound is picked up by it so it really doesn't involve pushing anything. i still opted to run the SR10s extension for the PTT button up onto my handlebars bc while it does open up the channel when it hears incoming audio theres the chance you miss the first sounds of your conversation so with the PTT on the bars I control when the channel is open. It's s simple matter of double tapping the Senas SR10s PTT then talking. If your on the CB then it would be double tap the SR10 PTT then press the Harley PTT as you normally would. If you use the right power source the SR10 also turns on when you turn on your bike which means you could mount it inside your fairing if you like and keep it hidden. You would need to establish all your pairings before finishing up the job though because once it's in the fairing that's it. I decided against that for the sake of being able to upgrade firmware if it becomes available. Not to mention my SR10 is still really new so I liked the idea of being able to play with it and learn more about its capabilities. Send me a private message if you want to know more bc it CAN be done for an earlier model too using either the deutch connector in your fairing or you could stick it on your tank and plug into the dash.

Last edited by CPT_Carrera; 03-29-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:47 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer
Default SR10 Harness

Here's a video of my test of the SR10 harness.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:16 AM
pp6000v2
Cruiser

So, I'm dumb apparently. In the wiring schematic you posted in the other thread, you have a capacitor inline on the mic wire, and 470 ohm resistors upstream to a 10k resistor... what is any of that doing? I mean, I know what resistors and capacitors do, I just don't know what they're doing functionally in this application.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:03 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

Originally Posted by pp6000v2
So, I'm dumb apparently. In the wiring schematic you posted in the other thread, you have a capacitor inline on the mic wire, and 470 ohm resistors upstream to a 10k resistor... what is any of that doing? I mean, I know what resistors and capacitors do, I just don't know what they're doing functionally in this application.
The resistors are for attenuation of stereo to mono in the audio you receive from the motorcycle.The non-polarized cap is for blocking the DC voltage from the Harley. In the original design the mic signal was barely readable by the other party. The capacitor cleaned that up and allowed it to come through nice and loud.

Last edited by CPT_Carrera; 04-05-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 AM
CPT_Carrera
Tourer

I've got a Sena SR10 and harness I made as well as a harness for the Sena SMH10 for an ultra classic like the Sierra Electronics one only my SMH10 harness actually mounts under the seat which makes install a lot less hassle. I made them and both work with my Harley but I'm getting rid of both to tinker with another device. if anyone's interested then PM me. Not looking to make much of anything. Just recoup costs of materials and move on to the next project.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 PM
flytyme69
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey CPT_Carrera if you don't mind me asking what other device are you going to tinker with, I'm kinda of a tech nerd and love seeing new stuff out there...

Quick Reply: Harley Bluetooth Adapter: Harley-HC2