Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowers and Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 09:57 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Lowers and Speakers

adding a set lowers this winter and Bt 7.1 in the fairing (4180) what 6.5 do you guys recommend? The Bt 6.5? also is the Pro series worth the upgrade from the 7.1 to the 7.1ps?

Like to here everyone thoughts...

pulling out Rf 300by2 and set Rft165s with tweeter pods.......have the Bt5000mex and really love this one over the ipod\marine one the sound was a big upgrade just going to the mex......

i believe few you guys have this set up?

Old 01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
adding a set lowers this winter and Bt 7.1 in the fairing (4180) what 6.5 do you guys recommend? The Bt 6.5? also is the Pro series worth the upgrade from the 7.1 to the 7.1ps?

Like to here everyone thoughts...

pulling out Rf 300by2 and set Rft165s with tweeter pods.......have the Bt5000mex and really love this one over the ipod\marine one the sound was a big upgrade just going to the mex......

i believe few you guys have this set up?
I'll be installing the PRO's sometime this week. I've installed the 7.1's on other bikes and they are awesome with the BT4180 amp. I also ordered the amp so I'll be able to give you some realtime feedback next week. To answer your question on the lowers. The Titan II's and the JL C5-650X series are the best speakers I've heard in the lowers. Both have really nice bass in that location.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

Okay. Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm thinking of possibly adding speakers to the lowers somewhere down the road. Bike currently has a set of vented lowers so my question is what parts are needed to adapt them to hold a 6.5" speaker and where are they available? Also, I tend to not keep the lowers on year round as the combination of temperatures and ever present threat of traffic doesn't make it the best call to keep them on all year. So, could they be made to disconnect easily and more importantly neatly?

Old 01-12-2015, 06:50 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Okay. Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm thinking of possibly adding speakers to the lowers somewhere down the road. Bike currently has a set of vented lowers so my question is what parts are needed to adapt them to hold a 6.5" speaker and where are they available? Also, I tend to not keep the lowers on year round as the combination of temperatures and ever present threat of traffic doesn't make it the best call to keep them on all year. So, could they be made to disconnect easily and more importantly neatly?
great questions I am also looking to remove them time to time...was going to ask Bill about the parallel wiring...

57419-11, speakerbox, right (prime, unpainted plastic)
57410-11, speakerbox, left (prime, unpainted plastic)

The harness part no. is 72676-11

Old 01-12-2015, 06:51 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I'll be installing the PRO's sometime this week. I've installed the 7.1's on other bikes and they are awesome with the BT4180 amp. I also ordered the amp so I'll be able to give you some realtime feedback next week. To answer your question on the lowers. The Titan II's and the JL C5-650X series are the best speakers I've heard in the lowers. Both have really nice bass in that location.
cant wait to hear you take on them

Old 01-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Here you go Mike:

http://www.slickcustoms.com/speaker-...-fairings.html

The lowers are easy to remove in the summer if you guys want to take them off. All it requires is disconnecting the speakers.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:19 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
500$ speakers in the lowers? with a crossover?

http://www.abt.com/product/42858/JL-...hjlhoC-5jw_wcB

Old 01-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks guys! Now that I know where to get the adapters for the lowers the real mental torment begins. Add a second amp, upgrade to a 4180, which speakers, etc. At least I have plenty of time to think about it. This won't be done anytime real soon. Good grief all these teenage boys of mine ain't cheap! I'm beginning to understand why lions eat their young, lol.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
500$ speakers in the lowers? with a crossover?

http://www.abt.com/product/42858/JL-...hjlhoC-5jw_wcB
Yeah. . I know. . They are expensive. I got a good deal on a couple sets and they were still expensive. Not for everybody for sure. That's why I don't mention them too much because of the cost. But they are some impressive speakers. The titan II are almost equally impressive for a better price.