Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics 6.5 in lower fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:28 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Biketronics 6.5 in lower fairing?

Ive decided when we get back from SD after the holidays I'm going to start putting together the rest of my speaker setup. I plan to get the rear 7.1 speakers and pods, if they don't fit with our armrests I'll just remove the armrests and put them and the hogtunes pods back on for longer road trips.
For the lower fairings I just want to be sure the Titan II 6.5 speakers will fit in the harley CVO or fairing factory speaker pods? If not what mods have to be done to make them fit? I want the lower fairing vents to still work and plan to get the CVO speaker grills as well for a clean look. I'll decide after everything is installed if a second amp is necessary or if the one will be sufficient. And for anyone that is using the 6.5 what speaker set did you use, just the cheaper of the two (Batwing/sharknose)? I'm done debating with myself if I want them or not and ready to order, just want to be sure I get the correct parts the first time.
Thanks and I hope everyone had a great holiday. I can't wait to return to NC where its been in the 60's and 70's, still in Eastern SD where its in the teens and snow on the ground.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

Our 6.5" fit great in the CVO lower speaker boxes and in The Fairing Factory version. You will want to call in to order though, we don't have the less expensive "bare" set of 6.5" on our website and you don't need any adapters. The CVO parts for vented fairings -

Speaker Grill 76000065 - two needed, Left Speaker Box 57410-11, Right Speaker Box 57419-11, Screws 10200012 - eight needed

Bill

Old 12-27-2014, 05:27 PM
zeke383
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^ Service without pushing their product down your throat...pretty awesome. What Bill said is exactly what I did, called direct and they sold me just a set of 6.5's no adapters.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:59 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Several months ago, Bill also sold me the 6.5's straight w/o the adapters. And I also appreciate the feeling of not having someone push their products on me so hard (unlike some other vendors on this forum *cough*cough*cough*)

But here's a warning, I have the 7.1's in the fairing and the BT4180 amp on top of my Sony HU. With those 4 speakers in front of you, prepare to have your ears constantly tingling. Those speakers are extremely loud and powerful. But not just loud and powerful, the sound is crystal clear.

Here's the main problem, I now need reconstructive surgery because as a result of the sound quality, my face froze into a constant huge grin. I can not stop grinning while playing my tunes. Darn you Biketronics. lol

But seriously, great product and excellent customer service.

Last edited by kryingame; 12-27-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
Several months ago, Bill also sold me the 6.5's straight w/o the adapters. And I also appreciate the feeling of not having someone push their products on me so hard (unlike some other vendors on this forum *cough*cough*cough*)

But here's a warning, I have the 7.1's in the fairing and the BT4180 amp on top of my Sony HU. With those 4 speakers in front of you, prepare to have your ears constantly tingling. Those speakers are extremely loud and powerful. But not just loud and powerful, the sound is crystal clear.

Here's the main problem, I now need reconstructive surgery because as a result of the sound quality, my face froze into a constant huge grin. I can not stop grinning while playing my tunes. Darn you Biketronics. lol

But seriously, great product and excellent customer service.
OK. . . I'm laughing my *** off! That was good! The Joker comes to mind!

Old 12-27-2014, 09:11 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks Bill, I never thought an option might be out there where the adapters might be out of the price. If there was a 7.1 lower fairing option I would jump on that in a heart beat but I can't wait any longer. And as little as the tour pack armrests get used I'd rather remove them until I need them and have the bigger speakers back there now.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:35 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

great info in this thread

I just ordered the cvo pods and grills also...soon as the pods show up I will be sending them out for paint along with a set of lowers,I am going to add the Bt 6.5 and a set 7.1 in the faring....glad to hear everyone is happy with this set up.....

on a side note...bill is one the best in the business and I can not wait to work with him on the rest of my set up.......Bill sent out the speaker pod for the tour pack so i can test fit it this really helped me alot as I can not go that route, the CHOPPED tour pack does not accept the pod (or stock pod) that saved me some time and money (going to sell the chopped and buy the king) for now I will work on the front fairings and then next winter add the new tour pack speakers and 6by9 in bag.......glad there a BT to work with

Bill I received the pod... thank you....I missed the post office by 1\2 hr sat so I will have it back on its way to you mon am.....thanks again for all the help

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 12-28-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:52 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have bt7.1's in the fairing with a 2180 and am waiting for my BT 6.5's for my lowers after chatting with Bill. Great to work with. He said the lowers kit came with a harness but I forgot to ask what it entails to install it to a 2180. Does anyone have any info on the harness connections?

Old 12-28-2014, 10:46 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Hopefully I understand your question and I'm able to answer it correctly. When I ordered the 7.1 and 6.5 lowers, Biketronics threw in a harness which allowed me to connect the speakers in parallel into the amplifier.

Also I have the BT 4184 channel amplifier. I hope this makes sense.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Kryingame. Yes Bill said it would be wired in parallel. Sounds like it should be plug n play.. Yeah! On another note, my lowers have the HD liners in them. I wonder if I use them with the speakers or remove them?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Biketronics 6.5 in lower fairing?