Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics 6.5 in lower fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 10:06 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
from the research Ive been doing it seems any 6 1/2 grill will work, but if you want flush mounted grills the cvo style are the ones to use.
Ok thanks. I had to do a little customization to my RF grills and love the way they look but if I change to BTs, well ya know....

Old 12-31-2014, 04:30 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I ended up ordering anyways last night, less than $150 for pods grills and screws. Now to decide if I'll try to rattle can paint or find a local paint shop? I have been wanting to paint the frame for my CVO LED tour pack lights so it might be the right time to finish the look that I want.
That's exactly what I did with my pods/light frame/mid-frame deflectors, hd_rolling. However, I have White Hot Denim paint, so I couldn't just rattle-can the parts. My painter DID have a horrible time trying to match the White Hot Denim for me though- frankly I think the pods are a little too bright, compared to the rest of the factory-painted lowers, but it's something only I really notice.

(BTW: I'm CVMA as well, 19-1 here in NY, and the SQM)

Old 12-31-2014, 04:49 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by vhmike73
That's exactly what I did with my pods/light frame/mid-frame deflectors, hd_rolling. However, I have White Hot Denim paint, so I couldn't just rattle-can the parts. My painter DID have a horrible time trying to match the White Hot Denim for me though- frankly I think the pods are a little too bright, compared to the rest of the factory-painted lowers, but it's something only I really notice.

(BTW: I'm CVMA as well, 19-1 here in NY, and the SQM)
Nice, I'm the NC 15-1 SRC. Was LA 6-1 prior to retiring last year, great group. If you were at nationals this year In Gettysburg we probably were sitting next to each other!

Old 01-01-2015, 01:25 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain

Nice, I'm the NC 15-1 SRC. Was LA 6-1 prior to retiring last year, great group. If you were at nationals this year In Gettysburg we probably were sitting next to each other!
I was there! THAT was a goat-rope on the highest order!! Which corner were you sent to for your vote!!?? Unreal...

Old 01-27-2015, 03:03 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Everything installed perfectly and easily with the BT harness they provided for free. Sounds great but still need to do some tweaking to get it perfect.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Very Nice HD!! Doesn't get any better than that!

Old 01-27-2015, 06:06 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain

Looks awesome, hd_rolling! I sometimes really regret not going with a Vivid Black bike, simply because adding painted parts is so difficult with my bike.

Enjoy 'em!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

NICE....what hwy peg set up is that? long horn? or the shorter one?

how do you like the sound? what do you mean needs some tweaking?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
NICE....what hwy peg set up is that? long horn? or the shorter one?

how do you like the sound? what do you mean needs some tweaking?
Those are the short billet Harley highway pegs. The sound is great, but all I have to compare was the Boom I had in there with a J&M amp and some J&M speakers I only used for about a week a couple years ago. This set up blows that out of the water.

As far as tweaking I have everything in my Sony head unit off ie the EQ/HPF/LPF and a few other option that the unit offers. It sounds great now and very loud, still not sure if I'm going to try adding another BT 4180 amp or not.

To me the speakers lost a little of there hard hitting sound when I added four more speakers to the amp, but they are still very loud and clear.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

thanks you just saved me a **** load money when it comes to hwy pegs.....been looking at what to do as my old set up wont work with lowers and I hated the bulky look of what I have seen out there......the HD one is really nice and looks like it has a few adjustments too....thanks again

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 01-28-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Biketronics 6.5 in lower fairing?