Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you mount your Soundstream pn4.520D amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:08 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default How did you mount your Soundstream pn4.520D amp

I just swapped out my rockford fosgate pbr300x2 for a soundstream pn4.520D amp. Man, what a difference in size and weight. The soundstream is significantly bigger and heavier. I had a bracket made for the fosgate amp and think I will have to just mount the soundstream on top of radio so the fairing fits better. It was a battle last night getting that thing.

So with that all said, how are you mounting your soundstream and what are you using to hold it down or in place?

Did you have any trouble getting the outer fairing back on?

Old 12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I used 3M Dual lock from Walmart. Stronger than Velcro. Mounted on top of the radio, pushed as far back as I could get it.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 12-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyFLHX
I just swapped out my rockford fosgate pbr300x2 for a soundstream pn4.520D amp. Man, what a difference in size and weight. The soundstream is significantly bigger and heavier. I had a bracket made for the fosgate amp and think I will have to just mount the soundstream on top of radio so the fairing fits better. It was a battle last night getting that thing.

So with that all said, how are you mounting your soundstream and what are you using to hold it down or in place?

Did you have any trouble getting the outer fairing back on?
Stop by Home Depo and pick up some industrial Velcro. Use the entire bottom surface of the amp and tack it onto the radio. Make sure you push it all the way back to the gauges. It will not move at this point. If you want to re-enforce the Velcro use cable ties. I've never had to use them but some guys are uncomfortable with just the Velcro. But trust me that amp is not going anywhere. I've rode at least 20,000 miles on just Velcro alone. I used it for my soundstream and my power acoustic . . . It works well.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Stop by Home Depo and pick up some industrial Velcro. Use the entire bottom surface of the amp and tack it onto the radio. Make sure you push it all the way back to the gauges. It will not move at this point. If you want to re-enforce the Velcro use cable ties. I've never had to use them but some guys are uncomfortable with just the Velcro. But trust me that amp is not going anywhere. I've rode at least 20,000 miles on just Velcro alone. I used it for my soundstream and my power acoustic . . . It works well.
Never tried SBates suggestion But if that stuff is stronger than industrial Velcro it will work as well!

Old 12-10-2014, 02:43 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Never tried SBates suggestion But if that stuff is stronger than industrial Velcro it will work as well!
It's the Shiznit!!!!!

Old 12-10-2014, 06:01 PM
margin5
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the soundstream last spring. it wasn't easy due to its size. here's a link to my post.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...nd-system.html

Old 12-10-2014, 08:54 PM
GoatHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I used 3M Dual lock from Walmart. Stronger than Velcro. Mounted on top of the radio, pushed as far back as I could get it.

I did the same. But for added security, wrapped a cable tie around the radio and amp. No issues reinstalling the fairing.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:53 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior

Only thing I found at walmart was industrial strength velcro, 2" wide and 4' long. I cut that in strips and mounted the amp on top of radio. Nice and secure and the fairing fit perfectly now.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Now if it wil only warm up little bit more today I can go for a test ride. Was 30 degrees this morning in Central Florida! 2 degrees more than NY!

Old 12-11-2014, 01:24 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyFLHX
Only thing I found at walmart was industrial strength velcro, 2" wide and 4' long. I cut that in strips and mounted the amp on top of radio. Nice and secure and the fairing fit perfectly now.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Now if it wil only warm up little bit more today I can go for a test ride. Was 30 degrees this morning in Central Florida! 2 degrees more than NY!
Anthony.. Man I apologize as I just now saw your text message from a couple of days ago. Sounds like you got it going..

I use Industrial Strength Velcro when I don't use my homemade bracket for this amp.

I didn't think it got down to 30° in FL!! Damn.. that sucks.. I guess TX does have the best riding seasons.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:08 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior

Hay Ultra, how you doing? Yeah, one week high 70's next week low 30's. Talk about Bipolar! lol

I got the amp setup and all seems good. Its crazy louder than my old amp. I mean half volume is plenty loud. 3/4 and my ears are running for cover.

One question though. When setting up the imput, with soundstream wires and plug, theres a black wire in middle that directions say to ground. Does this need to be grounded even though there is a ground wire running from battery to amp already?

Other than that very happy with amp except the fm issue. But I think I can deal with that for time being.

Quick Reply: How did you mount your Soundstream pn4.520D amp