Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

biketronics speaker pods

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:29 PM
gtownplowboy
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default b.t. pods

The b.t. pods are the same height installed as the stock ones. The difference is that they are longer. They go forward toward the front of the bike and inward a little more toward the passenger.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:43 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by gtownplowboy
The b.t. pods are the same height installed as the stock ones. The difference is that they are longer. They go forward toward the front of the bike and inward a little more toward the passenger.
The 6.5" pods may be but not the 7.1.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys,

I am not at work until Monday but will take some pics next to a stock pod and ruler when I get back.

We have slightly tweaked the pods about 4 times in the last three years, we keep trying to make them smaller and more attractive. So depending on when the customer got them the pics you see on here might not be what you will get. They should be very close to the same height as stock and just kick out a little more towards the center.

Bill

Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi guys,

I am not at work until Monday but will take some pics next to a stock pod and ruler when I get back.

We have slightly tweaked the pods about 4 times in the last three years, we keep trying to make them smaller and more attractive. So depending on when the customer got them the pics you see on here might not be what you will get. They should be very close to the same height as stock and just kick out a little more towards the center.

Bill
thanks Bill.....

any chance your working on a pod for the 7.1 in the lower fairings? or is there a pod that someone can get a 7.1 into?

Old 11-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor

It is on my list, but it is a pretty long list so I don't have a timeline. We have a couple of guys that have put them in modified aftermarket 6.5" lowers but I don't have the info at home.

Bill

Old 11-27-2014, 12:53 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi guys,

Bill
Thanks Bill, would love to add these but not at the expense of having to remove my wife's armrests.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:21 AM
gtownplowboy
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
The 6.5" pods may be but not the 7.1.
The 7.1 pods I just installed are the same height installed as the stock ones. They are longer toward the front of the bike but they installed at the same height as the stock ones. If not they would interfere with the pizza box lid closing.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

must have changed the design up a little bit. I have the original pods and they do interfere with the lids slightly.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:09 AM
gtownplowboy
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
must have changed the design up a little bit. I have the original pods and they do interfere with the lids slightly.
I checked mine before installing. However I just picked up my stock 1997 ultra classic seat from the upholstery shop and the bottom of the pods rub the seat by about 1/2 inch inward on each side. First time I have had the seat on since I put the new audio equipment in. have to see how mama likes that...

Old 12-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor

Hi Guys,

Did some testing with a stock pod. Our current pod should not stick up any higher, the overall height is very close to the same. It does go in toward the seat a little more, I am not sure why its hits the seat on some bikes and not others. Ours also extend down a little bit more, maybe 1/4".

I tried to take pictures but could not really get anything that showed the differences very well.

If someone was serious about getting them I would be happy to send an empty pod out to test fit, just give me a call.

Bill

Quick Reply: biketronics speaker pods