Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 05:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Last302
I did not take the time to scroll back to see who posted it(lazy) but one of you wrote that be sure to have 4v RCA outputs when referring to the aftermarket h/u. I obviously know what the RCA jacks are but what does the 4v (just assuming voltage) do for the system, how would I know if my h/u was 4v, and if it was something else, what issue if any would arise? I'm trying to educate myself much more now that I have recently done a system on my RG and am seeing little issues I'm not sure are normal or if I'm willing to live with. Thx as always!!
Probably me. You won't have issues either way just that a 4v output vs a 2v output is just that, a higher output voltage. This means your amp input will have a higher v input therefore gains can be adjusted down a little more because of the cleaner/higher volt inputs.

What head unit do you have?

Old 11-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Last302
I did not take the time to scroll back to see who posted it(lazy) but one of you wrote that be sure to have 4v RCA outputs when referring to the aftermarket h/u. I obviously know what the RCA jacks are but what does the 4v (just assuming voltage) do for the system, how would I know if my h/u was 4v, and if it was something else, what issue if any would arise? I'm trying to educate myself much more now that I have recently done a system on my RG and am seeing little issues I'm not sure are normal or if I'm willing to live with. Thx as always!!
Care to elaborate on the little issues you are seeing? One thing I see in your signature that always sticks out in my mind is you have the Hertz speakers paired with the JL 400/4 amp. Not a match made in heaven unless you have that amp bridged. Those hertz speakers require much more power than 75 watts to drive em.