Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The sound of silence - my HK went quiet

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

For a direct plug and play you can get the Jensen HD1BT or if it were me I'd get an aftermarket head unit with an install kit and some nice speakers and an amp see how much better the bike can sound.

This was my second mod the bike. The stock setup was horrid. Or if you want to spend money on the stock head unit talk to Iron Cross.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

To keep it simple I personally would call biketronics and have them set you up with everything you need. I will save you some time here and tell you first hand that biketronics is never going to be your cheapest option, however there products are generally your best option in my opinion. The level of service I have received from this company is nothing short of amazing. I will tell you this much if whatever you buy has a biketronics sticker on it you will never spend another dime on that product for as long as you own it. They stand behind there products like no company I've ever delt with. Highly recommended!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 04:47 PM
bgersten
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info. What's the prevailing opinion as to whether there is much benefit in getting a marine model vs. the standard car version?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Wheatfield-ez
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine did same thing yesterday. Listening to pandora thru input port then nothing.

Originally Posted by bgersten
Thanks for all the info. What's the prevailing opinion as to whether there is much benefit in getting a marine model vs. the standard car version?
No cd or radio either. Would power down radio then back up and then I get music. It would shut off again. But just tried cd only and kept playing. Input port bad?

Old 10-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by bgersten
The prevailing opinion is all a matter of common sense. IMO the marine units are over hyped. No unit is completely water proof. Not even the original stocker. Water resistant perhaps but not water proof. If you purchase a V-twin rain cover with any unit you buy and exercise common sense you'll be fine. Now I can't speak for those who spray water directly on their head unit and expect the dam thing to still play. . . lol