Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

Did you get it working?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:03 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

Originally Posted by rrcrum
Here is my problem as soon as I turn on the ignition an the radio powers up the volume climbs to max level and I can not turn down with hand control or radio control, thought I was going to blow a speaker so I have to turn off ignition can not program when the max volume blows to maximum every time.
I had the same problem....see post 92 in the sticky...I was connected to the wrong side of the cut on the pink/white wire

...When you have your fairing off, you can see the connector attached to the fairing brace just to the left of the speaker. I thought the harness came down from the handlebar control through the connector and continued downwards into the main harness (because it was basically in front of the left handlebar area) so I spliced on the top side of the cut....turns out it's comes from the handlebar control UP into the connector and continues into the main harness. should have been the bottom side of the cut. I figured it out by pulling on the harness....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-guide-10.html

Jim

Old 10-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
I had the same problem....see post 92 in the sticky...I was connected to the wrong side of the cut on the pink/white wire

...When you have your fairing off, you can see the connector attached to the fairing brace just to the left of the speaker. I thought the harness came down from the handlebar control through the connector and continued downwards into the main harness (because it was basically in front of the left handlebar area) so I spliced on the top side of the cut....turns out it's comes from the handlebar control UP into the connector and continues into the main harness. should have been the bottom side of the cut. I figured it out by pulling on the harness....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-guide-10.html

Jim
What he said. I made the same mistake. Follow from handlebar down under the inner fairing up to the connection. Once you have done that and connected to the correct side pink wire, you must reset the ASWC. Works like a charm and I did not ground the pink. Hooked up pink from control to pink from ASWC.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:37 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hades02
What he said. I made the same mistake. Follow from handlebar down under the inner fairing up to the connection. Once you have done that and connected to the correct side pink wire, you must reset the ASWC. Works like a charm and I did not ground the pink. Hooked up pink from control to pink from ASWC.
correct - new ASWC-1 / metra harness provides the pink white now, so easier compared to old one (see my sticky for details, etc)