Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 03:23 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
What are you going to do with the BOOMS AAWAV? Test em to see at what point they blow up? LOL. . . Hell, I can't find the RMS on those speakers anywhere. Be nice to know. You dam sure don't want to hook em to the PA. Anyway if you buy the KABOOMS I'll take those Polks off your hands. LMAO!

read the thread my Friend LOL.
I said I will take them when you ship them for free AND give me money as well.... I don't want them
but... you gave me an idea LOL....
OP will sell them for sure (I think)

I got 36 ceiling speakers in my house, 9 amps, 5 subs, 9 tv;s and 3! projectors (admitting 1 is work and crap). so enough stuff around here... but does not fit on the bike )

Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

Thanks to all you guy's who helped me make up my mind on what to do with my audio set up. I ordered the PBR300x2 amp, the Infinity Kappa 62.11s speakers, arc audio adapter rings, I even ordered an amp bracket. Then yesterday I went to buy some 10 Gauge wire and an in line fuse holder, I went to NAPA, O'Reilly"s, Auto- Zone, and Advanced Auto Parts. They all had 10 Gauge wire, but not one of them had an inline fuse holder with 10 Gauge wire ends, biggest was 12 Gauge. Didn't make much sense to me to buy 10 Gauge wire then splice in a 12 Gauge fuse holder. So I go to Best Buy, and Radio Shack and still NO. By now I am pretty pissed and come home and what do you know you can buy them by the truck load on the internet, go figure. Any way thanks to all for your help, and a big shout out to Ultra Nutz for helping me with all the PM's ,It isn't installed yet so I will probably have more ? so please bear with me.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:21 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Softy 103
Thanks to all you guy's who helped me make up my mind on what to do with my audio set up. I ordered the PBR300x2 amp, the Infinity Kappa 62.11s speakers, arc audio adapter rings, I even ordered an amp bracket. Then yesterday I went to buy some 10 Gauge wire and an in line fuse holder, I went to NAPA, O'Reilly"s, Auto- Zone, and Advanced Auto Parts. They all had 10 Gauge wire, but not one of them had an inline fuse holder with 10 Gauge wire ends, biggest was 12 Gauge. Didn't make much sense to me to buy 10 Gauge wire then splice in a 12 Gauge fuse holder. So I go to Best Buy, and Radio Shack and still NO. By now I am pretty pissed and come home and what do you know you can buy them by the truck load on the internet, go figure. Any way thanks to all for your help, and a big shout out to Ultra Nutz for helping me with all the PM's ,It isn't installed yet so I will probably have more ? so please bear with me.
do yourself a favor, extend the warranty on the PBR - see Rockford website.
Buy the RF 10AWG kit:

here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rockford...item3ce7d84696

or even better!:
http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-RFK10-Power-Install/dp/B001ANXP26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413152364&sr=8-1&keywords=RFK10 http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-RFK10-Power-Install/dp/B001ANXP26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413152364&sr=8-1&keywords=RFK10

as the +12V line is long, you can use that for ground as well. just get a ring connector at cas shop or wherever. put some black electrical tape around the 2 ends of your ground cable to identify it.
RUN THE GROUND CABLE TO THE BATTERY AS WELL PER ADVISE BY RF. also see sticky from Nutz.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:02 PM
bendover4me
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am learning a lot on this thread and have a couple of questions.

I have a 2011 ultra limited with a 4 speaker system. can you suggest a good 4 channel amp that is reasonably priced? and

are the infinity's weatherproof? if not what can you do to protect them?

thanks in advance

Old 10-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by bendover4me
I am learning a lot on this thread and have a couple of questions.

I have a 2011 ultra limited with a 4 speaker system. can you suggest a good 4 channel amp that is reasonably priced? and

are the infinity's weatherproof? if not what can you do to protect them?

thanks in advance
Dam it man! That's one hell of a screen name you got there. . .lol Welcome to the forum! No need to protect the infinity's. They do great in the rain. Two reasonably priced amps are:

1. Soundstream Picasso Nano 520.D
2. Power Acoustik RZ4.2000D

Both very powerful amps that will drive your infinity's to ear bleeding levels.

Disclaimer: You are subject to lose FM radio with both of these amps.

If you like listening to FM Radio the next level of amps are going to cost a little more.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:29 PM
bendover4me
6th Gear

Thanks and thanks. Lol. Ok I don't understand the losing of the FM and what would be the next level of amps?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:36 PM
bendover4me
6th Gear

Also will the infinity 62.11s fit in back positions as well? if not what comparable speakers would you recommend?

Old 10-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks and thanks. Lol. Ok I don't understand the losing of the FM and what would be the next level of amps?
Both the amps I mentioned are class D amps. Due to the configuration and or technology of the internals on a class D amp they tend to interfere with the FM signal on your radio. Just the nature of the beast with Class D amps. Some guys are ok with it and some guys are not. The next level would be two rockford fosgate PBR300X2 amps. The have what they call a BR or Boosted Rail technology. Does not interfere with the radio but you will need two of them in the fairing for the infinity speakers. Looking at approx. $340.00 bucks for two amps. Compared to $110.00 - 120 for the Soundstream and the Power Acoustik.

Last edited by Gannicus; 10-12-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Also will the infinity 62.11s fit in back positions as well? if not what comparable speakers would you recommend?
Yes they will fit in the rear pods. Here is a thread for you to check out:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...rear-pods.html

Post #6

Last edited by Gannicus; 10-13-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:25 AM
bendover4me
6th Gear

Thank you for the help gannicus

Quick Reply: Amp Help