Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundstream ST4.1000D

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 09:55 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yes Sir!!! It's a powerful little amp for what it cost. It's got the same internals as the sound stream 520.D but for what ever reason the dam thing puts out more power. My testing was strictly speaker to speaker. In other words using the titan II speaker as a reference I wired the soundstream to four speakers up front and it sounded pretty good. Switched out to the power acoustik and those speakers woke up big time!! and for the life of me I can't figure out why? My friend AAWAV has tested this thing on his scope and he can't find the difference either. But if you listen to the dam thing you can HEAR the difference. The PA brought the bass out of the Titan II's like I had never heard it before. So yes I'm still lovin' it. But anyone who follows this forum knows I'll switch it out this winter to test other amps. I'm looking at testing 3 amps this winter. The 4180, the Rockford T400X4AD and the Cerwin Vega B2/B4. Then I'm going to send them to AAWAV and let him test for real world power. We will post the results on this forum when we get it done.
I wasn't asked to do this LFAO... anytime my friend...
for all of those that are not familiar... I tested several amps with an O scope and test signal - powered by my bike. tested unloaded and loaded with power resistors in 2 and 4 ohm configuration. I am BY NO MEANS stating my way is the ultimate way, but I can determine clean power wattage and also will allow "us" to make statements like Cerwin has "20 watt" more clean than f.e. SS....

This weekend I got asked via a friend to redo a 2014 SGS (I know the guy; he loved my BadDad *** - on the bike - LOL and wants it all). I will sell him into an simple audio upgrade as well. guy got too much money... HD wanted to charge him 800+ in labor of a ape install... Geez... I will do it for half or less. and at the same time will hook him up with Airride...