Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultranutz and other audio gurus take on Jensen HD1BT

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:39 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by immusicman

Hey Ultranutz,

I have read some about Harley Davidson GPS integration and I thought I would ask you about the type of integration. Does this only work through the Auxiliary input or does it integrate the GPS voice no matter what source you are listening to, such as radio, or USB with the HD1BT? Just curious. As I said before I am going to try using the Mix-it2 because from what I have read, it appears it only works if you are listening to source through the auxiliary input. Secondly, I am not sure if it works at all with the HD1BT as I have not found anything on that. Let me know your thoughts.
No it won't work without being in aux port. Now since the Jensen is Bluetooth you could pair it and use the GPS as your mp3 player and it will work that way

Old 10-12-2014, 07:52 PM
immusicman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
No it won't work without being in aux port. Now since the Jensen is Bluetooth you could pair it and use the GPS as your mp3 player and it will work that way

I kind of figured it was a no go. I believe the mix-it2 will work better for my situation. I can only find one issue with this method and that is when the volume is increased via handlebar controls, it will only increase the volume of the music source since this takes place in the head unit (only affects the output of head unit sources) and not the gps voice guidance (output of gps goes straight to mix it2 input). Not a huge problem since the mix-it2 will mute the radio anyway when voice guidance is sensed by the mix-it2. I will know the outcome for certain by the end of the week if all goes well with my time management this week. Using Bluetooth between head unit and gps would work well as you said also. At least I will have options this way.

Last edited by immusicman; 10-12-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: corrected grammar
Old 10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
chevdude
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys got everything installed on the bike except for hooking up the wires. Had a couple questions I was hoping to get some help on.

There is a blue wire on the HU labeled amp power. Is this the amp enable wire needed for the amp?

There is a 4 pin Deutsch on the the HU with no explanation in the manual. What is it?

Why does the BT instructions say to route speakers wires on top of tank under console and amp power along frame under tank. Any reason not to run speaker wires under tank also?

Old 10-13-2014, 02:01 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by chevdude
Hey guys got everything installed on the bike except for hooking up the wires. Had a couple questions I was hoping to get some help on.

There is a blue wire on the HU labeled amp power. Is this the amp enable wire needed for the amp?
yes sir that needs to be connected to the BT amp enable wire

There is a 4 pin Deutsch on the the HU with no explanation in the manual. What is it?
for your rear speakers

Why does the BT instructions say to route speakers wires on top of tank under console and amp power along frame under tank. Any reason not to run speaker wires under tank also?
I dunno why they did that but feel free to route your speaker wires and your amp power wire inside the plastic tray under the tank.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:45 PM
chevdude
Road Captain

Thanks...trying to keep screw ups to a minimum. I should be applying power tonight. Can't wait!

Old 10-14-2014, 11:36 AM
chevdude
Road Captain

Applied power last night and everything works and sounds great! Just wanted to say thanks to all who chimed in!

Old 10-14-2014, 11:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

awesome.. welcome to the world of never-ending upgrades.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:10 PM
chevdude
Road Captain

Hopefully this keeps me satisfied for awhile. First nice piece of HIFI I've had. Have to get up to speed on IPods, Pandora, and Bluetooth!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:33 PM
immusicman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully this keeps me satisfied for awhile. First nice piece of HIFI I've had. Have to get up to speed on IPods, Pandora, and Bluetooth!

Congrats on completion! I am not far behind you. I have a frazzling physiology exam tomorrow so I am studying my guts out, but Thursday I am going to try to wrap up my installation and try my gps integration with the mix-it2. I am excited to finally get this done. I also got my Wards fans to install at same time and I am going to try and throw my Panacea LED system on the tail and signals if time permits. I will update when I get it going. Thanks to Ultranutz I got a solution to fix my gps cable. I won't forget the help I got from you Ultranutz!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:40 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

anytime sir.