Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me what you think.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 12:50 AM
INSteelersFan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what you think.

Right now I have the factory HU, Polk MM651s, and PBR300X2. Im geeting ready to go to a aftermarket HU and want add speakers to my lowers. What do guys think about running 4 Kicker 40CS654 wired in parallel off the PBR? The amp spec say Im pushing 150 watts per to the 2 Polks and if I go to the Kickers its going to be about 75 watts to each speaker.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:58 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

It can be done, I did the same thing for a while.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:10 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by INSteelersFan
Right now I have the factory HU, Polk MM651s, and PBR300X2. Im geeting ready to go to a aftermarket HU and want add speakers to my lowers. What do guys think about running 4 Kicker 40CS654 wired in parallel off the PBR? The amp spec say Im pushing 150 watts per to the 2 Polks and if I go to the Kickers its going to be about 75 watts to each speaker.

It can be done, but you are losing wattage in your face. While you will be able to hear your lowers at speed, I think you will be disappointed compare to what you have now. I would recommend another amp and another pair of 2 ohm speakers for the lowers.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
It can be done, but you are losing wattage in your face. While you will be able to hear your lowers at speed, I think you will be disappointed compare to what you have now. I would recommend another amp and another pair of 2 ohm speakers for the lowers.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:09 AM
INSteelersFan
Cruiser

Thanks that's what I was afraid of, I didn't want to take a step backwards. So maybe a set of the Infinity Kappas in the lowers and the Cerwin-Vega B4 is rated at 150X4 at 2 ohms or the SS 520.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks that's what I was afraid of, I didn't want to take a step backwards. So maybe a set of the Infinity Kappas in the lowers and the Cerwin-Vega B4 is rated at 150X4 at 2 ohms or the SS 520.
Both are good amps. The B4 is new on the scene but the people that have them like them. Beware the possible FM loss with the SS. You could always add another pbr too.

Knowing how Fosgate rates their amps, you're probably getting more than 150 watts at 2 ohms from it. Check you're birth sheet.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM
INSteelersFan
Cruiser

Both are good amps. The B4 is new on the scene but the people that have them like them. Beware the possible FM loss with the SS. You could always add another pbr too.

Knowing how Fosgate rates their amps, you're probably getting more than 150 watts at 2 ohms from it. Check you're birth sheet.
I would like to run everything up front off one amp that way I can add 6X9s Hogtunes lids later. So fairing and lowers of a B4 then find a set of 2ohm 6X9s and use the PBR for them? Do you think the B4 and the PBR would both fit in the fairing if I use the Hogtunes bracket?

Old 09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Do you think the B4 and the PBR would both fit in the fairing if I use the Hogtunes bracket?
From what the guys running them say, absolutely. B4 on top of the head unit and pbr on the bracket.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:20 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I would like to run everything up front off one amp that way I can add 6X9s Hogtunes lids later. So fairing and lowers of a B4 then find a set of 2ohm 6X9s and use the PBR for them? Do you think the B4 and the PBR would both fit in the fairing if I use the Hogtunes bracket?
should fit. B4 on HU and PBR on the bracket...

also consider PA RZ - see my sig.
I run Polks in the front and with the RZ they pound PLENTY...

run the front with RX and keep the PBR around for rear of the bike when you are ready...

as Pioneer mentioned - if you really care bout FM, you need to be careful with the SS or RZ (my RZ still has most of the stations; it is a hit or miss with most of the Class D amp)

Old 09-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Good plan! If you want a nice set of 2 ohm 6 x 9's check out the JBL P963's awesome speakers for clarity and bass!

Quick Reply: Tell me what you think.