Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Legend Suspension install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legend Suspension install?

Anybody installed the Legends shocks on their bike themselves? Was the installation simple? Any special tools needed? I have an 06 Fatboy, just wondering if I should do the work myself.......

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 AM
blk n wht hog
Cruiser
Default RE: Legend Suspension install?

If you're thinking of installing the air ride from Legends, I was just informed by Nikonf8 to NOT do so. He said he only had problemswith his after paying $1600.00 dollars for it. He says he replaced the Legends with a Gardner Wescott lowerning kit for about $75.00. He rides a Deluxe as do I. Hope this helps, contact Nikon and he'll perhaps give you more insite

Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM
FatBoy2five0
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Legends, installed myself its a simple straight forward install , instuctions fairly good, so if you can turn a wrench you should easily be able to tackle this, I had a problem with oil leaking from gauge when I first recieved it , called Legends and they sent me a new one next day , I have hadit onfor about a year and a half and have had no problems , ride is great , and you can slam it down for show. Good Luck

Old 03-20-2007, 01:34 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the legends in my ride it was nothing but trouble i fought it for five months and then removed it. customer service stinks you can only get one guy on the phone who lets you do all the suggestions on what to do. i had the system in and out three times replaced lines twice and then another complete system the system would not hold air i finally sent it back and had to fight for a refund. Not to mention the one compressor they sent me that kept blowing fuses and then I was told they had some defected ones. If i had it to do all over again i would do as i did now install a 75 dollar lowering kit taking it down about an inch and a half no more problems and the ride is still good as far as i am concerned you can have the legends they are constantly changing things on the system and all they kept sending me for parts was the old stuff in the end they found a problem in the system after accusing me of being a nut and the problem. My bike was down quite a bit last summer because of it waiting for parts and not being able to get it right if you want to ride you better think about it

Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer

Sorry for those that had bad experiences, but I ride with a few guys that have no problems. Granted they have upgraded the system since they first came out. I already made the purchase I didn't pay $1600, Got a good deal actually. $1200 I got the newer L3 system, hopefully I won't have the same problems. Bike is already lowered, I want a softer ride though and still keep the lowered look.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Get platinum air suspension. Supposedly it is much bettter and less expensive than legends...

Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

I got the Legends. I did have a pinched line but I would guess that can happen with any system. The ride from it is much softer and way more comfy than stock. I would recomend Legends, just wish it would be much cheaper.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:42 PM
ICEMANNN
Cruiser

ORIGINAL:I already made the purchase I didn't pay $1600, Got a good deal actually. $1200 I got the newer L3 system
Where did you pay that price ?

Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the L3 system problem is all the components for the system are made by other manufactures like the compressor is made by one CO the solenoid another the switch another the shocks another and then they put it together and package it at legends. With the amount of trouble I went through and the effort that I gave to saving the system I should have been treated better. When I got replacement parts they were not always the latest or new some returns that they may have checked and sent me. There is nothing in the world you or any one else could say to change my mind about this product. When I keep blowing fuses they told me to go to a 20 amp fuse I blew them also after I hammered them a bit about the problem and mentioned that I had ran into another with it I was finally told they had a batch with bad spaders and was given another compressor.all in all i had two complete systems both failed i had total of three compressors counting the two systems and a total of four solenoids the first one went bad in about two weeks. Then when the unit was sent back for a refund they wanted to give the dealer i bought it from a parcel refund because the shocks were scratched give me a break in and out three times and they are exposed to the elements under the bike how could you even be so stupid to say that after all the time and money I put into the system having parts fed ex to me to save down time at my expense while they wanted to send them snail mail. I had my experience with the legends and I have to base my feeling on how it was for me. I can only be true about it and let others know what i had to deal with. you may get a good unit and be all set but if not let the games begin

Old 03-21-2007, 02:29 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer

I bought mines throught the aafes mall. Military shopping site. No tax!

Quick Reply: Legend Suspension install?