Really cheap air suspension on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Cadillacjake
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really cheap air suspension on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-07-Harl...#ht_2240wt_972

Has anyone heard about these, the price is really tempting.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From looking at the other stuff he has listed it appears he is a drop shipper and has nothing to do with the items. The shocks are most like HD Knock Offs made in Taiwan or possible even HD seconds that didn't make Q/C.

Pay a tech to install them only to have a the seals leak, pump burn up or something else and now you did to do it all again.

$700-1000 to learn the lesson or $1500 plus labor and have it done right the 1st time. Pay the price for Shotguns or another name brand with a contact person and be happy. Besides that you get braggin rights that you are running Shotguns

Just my Opinion but there is a lot of junk on ebay coming out of China these days.

Karsten

Last edited by Karsten; 02-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the same kit that airbagit.com sells. The shock is a very simple air cylinder, all it needs to do is hold air.

The compressor is the same style that $1500 kits use and the lines are industry standard push fittings. It seems to come with the complete wire harness kit as well so for the money why not give it a try?

Not everyone can spend $1500 on a top notch shock. Maybe this is a viable low cost alternative?

Before all the Shotgun users post...yes we all know Shotgun is the best and that this kit can never compare to how great Shotgun shocks are. Also lets just cover it completely and say that yes everybody should always just save their money up for how ever long it takes and buy a shotgun shock.

Ok all that being said I have been hoping someone would finaly do one of these kits just to see what its all about.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

No significant information offered in the auction, not even a brand name. He hasn't even sold any yet, so you can't read any feedback opinions either. It almost sounds like nothing more than a basic air shock, which will probably ride pretty firm. If I was interested, I'd just write him and ask for a lot more information ... like a brand name so you can at least read up on them.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Ok all that being said I have been hoping someone would finaly do one of these kits just to see what its all about.
Go ahead bud, we'll all look forward to reading your review of this product

Old 02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see he has now sold 1 of these. I'd be very skeptical, I mean look at your own title for this thread? And I don't know, but I've always thought $500 was a lot of coin for experimentation. I can understand the temptation, but if this was a worthwhile product don't you think there'd be post all over the internet about this cheap system?

My biggest concern would obviously be the durability and the design of the shock/cylinder itself.

Heck if you have an extra $500 in coin laying around, go for it. But if you have $500 coin your nearly half way there to be able to purchase a proven and quality product. If this doesn't smell of the "you get what you pay for" rule nothing does.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
I see he has now sold 1 of these. I'd be very skeptical, I mean look at your own title for this thread? And I don't know, but I've always thought $500 was a lot of coin for experimentation. I can understand the temptation, but if this was a worthwhile product don't you think there'd be post all over the internet about this cheap system?

My biggest concern would obviously be the durability and the design of the shock/cylinder itself.

Heck if you have an extra $500 in coin laying around, go for it. But if you have $500 coin your nearly half way there to be able to purchase a proven and quality product. If this doesn't smell of the "you get what you pay for" rule nothing does.
Hey Dean, can I borrow $1500? Id ask for $1350 but you screwed that deal up for everyone else haha

Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this doesn't smell of the "you get what you pay for" rule nothing does.
We wont know until somebody does one.

Panhead, I thought about it and Im not going to go with an air suspension. My lowered ride is a little stiff but actualy not bad and one up hasnt been a problem. If I did one it would be because I was just bored and Im trying to stay away from "just bored" mods. I have no doubts that the Shotgun is great I just dont think that means everything else should be automatically removed from consideration.

I am really curious about this kit though...there are allot of guys that want something decent for a lower cost. If this turned out to be a good kit then the guys who dont have the big scratch could wiggle in too.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:48 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If this doesn't smell of the "you get what you pay for" rule nothing does.
Wow, could not have said it better...

Old 02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm all for affordable options, lord knows there aren't many! Although, surdyke and DNA sure have helped.

But yeah, if someone wants to experiment and blaze the trail, go for it. We'd have never landed on the moon if we listened to people like me saying it isn't safe to do so. However, sometimes, things really are to good to be true.

And Forrest, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Quick Reply: Really cheap air suspension on eBay