Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

More thoughts on the Shotgun Shock...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice review Drew. I like how you took a torture test path to get a better idea on how they'd handle on less than perfect roads.
Thanks for testing the charge on your battery for us too.

You are making it hard not order a set through you right now.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some of you may have read my other posts, but I'll go over my experience with them again. I ordered mine almost a year ago, through a "discount" seller via eBay. I got them for $1k with shipping. This summer, I had an issue with them leaking. I could tell a difference in ride quality after about 10 miles. So, I emailed JD about the issue. I fully expected him to tell me to get lost, since I bought them so cheap, through someone on eBay, and not directly through him. Quite the contrary- he said "No problem- ship them to me, and I'll check it out." He tested them with and without a load on them, and couldn't find anything wrong. So, he rebuilt them for me with new seals, and all the good stuff for free......AND he upgraded me to the newer, larger compressor, AND shipped all back to me......FREE. I've never dealt with a manufacturer that was so great and easy to work with. I highly recommend him, as well as his product! Drew, sorry to get off topic.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

The Shotgun Shock has been the single most important mod I have done to my bike as far as pure riding comfort. The second being the Carlini Flyin Apes. My bike finally rides like I always envisioned it. I can't wait to get you guys some pictures since getting everything back together after the wreck. We're at the beach for the week and it's been raining since we got here. A tropical depression is coming through now and they say it's bringing another 8-10 inches! The end of the week looks promising so I should be able to get some riding in later!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I will have a much better and more detailed assessment of the Shotgun Shock when I get back from Vegas. Leaving in the morning at o dark thirty.

Drew

Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by beaureed445
Some of you may have read my other posts, but I'll go over my experience with them again. I ordered mine almost a year ago, through a "discount" seller via eBay. I got them for $1k with shipping. This summer, I had an issue with them leaking. I could tell a difference in ride quality after about 10 miles. So, I emailed JD about the issue. I fully expected him to tell me to get lost, since I bought them so cheap, through someone on eBay, and not directly through him. Quite the contrary- he said "No problem- ship them to me, and I'll check it out." He tested them with and without a load on them, and couldn't find anything wrong. So, he rebuilt them for me with new seals, and all the good stuff for free......AND he upgraded me to the newer, larger compressor, AND shipped all back to me......FREE. I've never dealt with a manufacturer that was so great and easy to work with. I highly recommend him, as well as his product! Drew, sorry to get off topic.
I had a very similar experience with JD. I too purchased my unit from ebay for $850...I think. The unit was leaking down overnight and I too also thought there might be an issue. It's my understanding the person that was selling them on ebay had purchased several with the impression they would be sold over seas and then started selling them on ebay. I contacted JD and he was first class from the start! He actually sent me a brand new unit with all the upgrades while I was still running the leaking unit so I could keep riding. How's that for customer service? I offered to give him a credit card number and he refused. Now keep in mind since I had not purchased the unit from him he really did not know if I even had a unit. After talking with him qite a while and offering him a credit card number he said that he could tell I was an honest man. Not sure if this is good business on his part but it sure told me alot about JD and his confidence in his product and his willingness to stand by it. Once I got the new unit I switched them out and sent the first one back. JD was very accessible and very knowledgable throughout the whole process and answered every question I had. I would buy his product at greater expense to get that kind of service!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 AM
Harvey96
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beaureed445
This is exactly what happened to me and I live in Australia.
I tried to pay for the upgade compressor but JD wasn't having any of it.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:35 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

That is someone who stands behind their product. there are not too many vendors who will do that. Hats off to JD.

Drew

Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Buddhahead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also had good experiences with JD.

Thanks