Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Been thinking about a Shotgun shock...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Well, you haven't seen the roads here in the jungle.... I don;t think anything will work properly overhere except low speed!!!

Robert

Old 09-23-2010, 07:19 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
Well, you haven't seen the roads here in the jungle.... I don;t think anything will work properly overhere except low speed!!!

Robert
Amen to that. that is what I think about Los Angeles, but I am sure they are worse there. My only point was that when it is adjusted perfectly it should ride well, but all factors considered I have not been to Brunei. Maybe I'll get there one day, it would be nice to see Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei and the like.

Drew

Old 09-23-2010, 07:31 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking forward to the write up Drew. By the way, don't you ever sleep?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WARG
Looking forward to the write up Drew. By the way, don't you ever sleep?
It's 5:30 AM! there is work to be done!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I hear that! With a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and a 1 week old, there is not much sleeping going on here either! And I'm on vacation, LOL.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WARG, I feel for ya brotha!!! Mine are 11, 10, and 5. Just old enough to almost be self-suffecient, put still young enough to not be......

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WARG
I hear that! With a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and a 1 week old, there is not much sleeping going on here either! And I'm on vacation, LOL.
The funny thing is I don't have any kids. Just my bikes, my wife, and you guys. Vacation? What is that? I am going to Vegas bike fest next week. that is a vacation!

Drew

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
I have the Shotgun shocks and if there is one complaint to make is that they are extremely bouncy. The roads here are crap in most places and unless I really make them very stiff I bounce all over the place, which I suspect is true for any air system.

The good thing is that I can raise the rear fender while riding and slam it when stopped for that dropped look!!!

my 0.02$ opinion...

Robert
You have the unit adjusted wrong for your roads. I noticed if i loaded the shock up to much and had the bike lifted up high i would get a bounce to it....not a good ride/feel. So just let a little air out of your lines and the pogo will go away. give it a whirl! When your suspension is stiff you get a bounce like a mini-truck. And when its cush you get a Cadillac.

As for install for this shock it is SIMPLE! And for a tranny gluid change? SIMPLE also....

Old 09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
You have the unit adjusted wrong for your roads. I noticed if i loaded the shock up to much and had the bike lifted up high i would get a bounce to it....not a good ride/feel. So just let a little air out of your lines and the pogo will go away. give it a whirl! When your suspension is stiff you get a bounce like a mini-truck. And when its cush you get a Cadillac.

As for install for this shock it is SIMPLE! And for a tranny gluid change? SIMPLE also....
Jd is putting mine on for me now regardless. C'mon Friday! I have to find the worst possible roads to ride home on. It looks like any street in this city will do as I read an article yesterday about LA having the second worst roads in the nation, although I find that hard to believe.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Jd is putting mine on for me now regardless. C'mon Friday! I have to find the worst possible roads to ride home on. It looks like any street in this city will do as I read an article yesterday about LA having the second worst roads in the nation, although I find that hard to believe.
Thats cool that you worked it out with "JD" he is a top notch dude! And CONGRATS!!!! on the new ride. I'm sure you will have no problems with your system and adjustment will be simple to you.

As for tranny changes....im sure you asked him to install the newer drop version for even easier access. I have the regular version and its still easy to drop. Also your gonna love that big a$$ compressor. You bike will fly high to the sky....Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Been thinking about a Shotgun shock...