Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Been thinking about a Shotgun shock...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 03:08 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
As long as it took me to put my Platinum on theres no way in hell I'd take it off. lol
Once you have done it a few times it is not that difficult. I'll have to see if I can work out the financials with him.

Drew

Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Well, tomorrow he is going to get back to me and I will see what I can do. I won't be sleeping well tonight thinking about that.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I am so excited here as it is all setup except for when I will actually have it in hand. JD is the man.

Drew

Old 09-22-2010, 05:19 PM
cf7go
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait for this. I am up in the air about this too! This may sway my decision!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Okay, I am going to be getting my shotgun hopefully tomorrow am or Friday. I can now sell them as well. If you need pricing please PM or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

How much has everyone paid for theirs?

Drew

Old 09-22-2010, 06:37 PM
mike camp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmm i'm waiting

Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I am too. I just need to find time to get to his shop, pick it up and install it. It will most likely be installed Friday or Saturday.
I will lay out some of the differences here right now for those who are unaware. Platinum is a fine system in it's own right and each system has it's good points. My favorite thing about Platinum is that since the shocks are individual I am able to drain my tranny oil without dropping anything out of the way. The shotgun is a one piece unit and two of the shock bolts must be removed to swing it out of the way for tranny oil changes. Not a big deal really, but if you service your own bike it does take longer.

I need to wait until I have my shotgun in hand (lol) to elaborate any further on anything else comparison wise as I have not seen it in person yet.
Also, if you guys have any questions please feel free to call JD direct 323.359.4914 as he can answer them as well. He is extremely knowledgeable on the subject as he designed the system himself. Once I have mine you can call me too. I take all calls whenever as customer support is a very important part of my job. Ask anyone who has called me at 8PM, they know. JD is the same.

Drew

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 09-22-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

I have the Shotgun shocks and if there is one complaint to make is that they are extremely bouncy. The roads here are crap in most places and unless I really make them very stiff I bounce all over the place, which I suspect is true for any air system.

The good thing is that I can raise the rear fender while riding and slam it when stopped for that dropped look!!!

my 0.02$ opinion...

Robert

Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by j33ptj
I have the Shotgun shocks and if there is one complaint to make is that they are extremely bouncy. The roads here are crap in most places and unless I really make them very stiff I bounce all over the place, which I suspect is true for any air system.

The good thing is that I can raise the rear fender while riding and slam it when stopped for that dropped look!!!

my 0.02$ opinion...

Robert
Robert, did you do the install yourself? Tell me about it if you did. I understand it is pretty simple, I just want to make sure I have everything I need here when I get it.

thanks!

Drew

Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Yes, I actually spent the most time on the wiring. I did not want to install the switches on the dashboard, but eventually put them on the handlebars, using the aux switch housing from HD. This required the leads to be lengthened, so soldering and shrink covers required.

JD provided as a special service the tap and drill, as they are practically impossible to find here. You need to enlarge a couple of holes underneath the transfer case, drilling in to Al, so very easy. If you have basic mechanical skills you can do the whole install in a few hours, depending where you put the switches...

There is a relay that can be mounted on the right side of the gearbox, using a 5/16" bolt (not supplied).

See also on my blog for some more pictures and info...

Robert

Attached Thumbnails Been thinking about a Shotgun shock...-shotgun-switches-01.jpg  

Last edited by j33ptj; 09-22-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added Picture of switches

Quick Reply: Been thinking about a Shotgun shock...