FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts
Old 08-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hog4mango
Hey guys, just wanted to drop a message regarding Shotgun Shock Co.
I don't want to beat a dead horse but I can't tell you how pleased I am with the ride and the customer service. Last week I installed the Shotgun Shock to my ride and it was great. I rode it for about 1-hour last week and in the garage it went. Yesterday I brought the bike out for a ride and the system would not lift bike. After messing with the unit for about 2-hours, I could not figure out what the problem was. Around 5pm, on a Friday, I placed a call into Shotgun Shock and left a message. I honestly believed that I would not hear from anyone until Monday, due to it being Friday evening. Well within 3-minutes of the message, I received a return call from the owner JD. After explaining my situation, JD asked if I could bring the bike into his shop, in Santa Ana, Ca. I subsequently made arrangements to bring the bike in today (Saturday) at 0930. JD met me at the shop and fixed the problem, which was something as simple as tightening a coupler which allows air into the system from the compressor. Anyways, where else can u find a company owner who's willing to meet on his day off to fix a problem on someone else's bike, and who stands behind his product 100%. His name is JD... I also want to mention Rudy, who works with JD at the shop. Top Notch Service and product.. SHOTGUN SHOCK..
Was that a QA problem or a line you installed during installion?

Old 08-07-2010, 10:51 PM
americanflyer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed my Shotgun Shock today and I love it. Easy install and it rides like a dream. I am still trying to learn how to adjust the shocks to my liking (looks/ride). JD is extremely reliable and I cannot think of another company out there today that when you call with a question you get to speak with the owner. This guy is on the ball. I had a few questions/concerns and every time I called him he answered or called right back. I cannot say enough about his customer service and his product. Looking forward to putting many miles on his system. I would recommend Shotgun Shock to anyone looking for an air ride system for their motorcycle.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
treeblue
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ShotgunShock Air Ride System

I stand 6'8" and weigh 290 pounds, I was having problems with my bike bottoming out, so I started looking for an air ride system. after much research, and calling around to various manufacturers,I decided that ShotgunShock was my best bet. I will never regret that decision,after talking to JD the owner and designer of ShotgunShock on the phone. Since I live in California I decided to take a trip to Santa Ana, California. In December 2008, JD, installed the system for me, himself. He also gave me a nice discount from the listed price. That was the best decision I ever made, Even with my wife on the back, no more bottoming.

A couple of years later JD emailed and asked how things were going with the shocks, which I think was above and beyond what any other manufacturer/owner would do. He also said if I ever had any problems, give him a call, and he would help trouble shoot the problem. Since then anytime the topic of softail shocks comes up, I will recommend his system. I could not be more, happy with a product.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Does anyone have pics of their install step by step? I will be doing my own, but want to see what all is involved. I read the instructions on the site and it is simple, but I need to know about tapping the holes for the compressor. What size tap do I need? Any other helpful hints would be appreciated too. thanks!

Drew

Old 09-22-2010, 08:19 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Does anyone have pics of their install step by step? I will be doing my own, but want to see what all is involved. I read the instructions on the site and it is simple, but I need to know about tapping the holes for the compressor. What size tap do I need? Any other helpful hints would be appreciated too. thanks!

Drew
I was gonna take pics, but once I got started I was too excited to slow down, lol.

Tap is 7/16"-14. My instructions said to use a "J" bit, but they're hard to find. I used a 3/8", and it tapped easy.

The compressor is large, and can be mounted in either direction. You might have to try it in both positions to find the spot that works for you. It's tight. No way you'd get a larger compressor in there.

Depending on your lift, you may need a second set of hands to help reposition the bike. With my lift I couldn't get to the front without moving the bike on it.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default mounting shotgunshock compressor

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
I was gonna take pics, but once I got started I was too excited to slow down, lol.

Tap is 7/16"-14. My instructions said to use a "J" bit, but they're hard to find. I used a 3/8", and it tapped easy.

The compressor is large, and can be mounted in either direction. You might have to try it in both positions to find the spot that works for you. It's tight. No way you'd get a larger compressor in there.

Depending on your lift, you may need a second set of hands to help reposition the bike. With my lift I couldn't get to the front without moving the bike on it.
mounting is simple, no drilling recquired or tapping on 2007 and up 2000 to 2006, just tap 7/16 14

Old 03-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Mike-81
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I'd just like to add my 2 cents on the subject. I wanted a air ride system for my 2007 Deluxe so I searched the HD Forum. Lo and behold, after much reading, I decided on "Shotgun Shock". I couldn't be more pleased. I emailed the company and made contact with"JD", who it turns out is the owner and designer of Shotgun Shock System. I mentioned that I had searched and took the advise of members of HD Forum. He sent me a quote, with a nice savings. I made payment through PayPal and within days, the system arrived. It took a friend and me a few hours to get the system installed properly. We ran into a couple of small problems, nothing to do with the system, and JD was there to answer any questons I had. I was finally able to take the bike for a ride this past Saturday and oh boy what a difference. Felt like a comlpletely different bike. I'm very happy with my decision to go with the Shotgun Shock. If anyone is looking for a air ride syatem for their bike, go to www.shotgunshock.com and email JD. Make sure you mention the HD Forum and he will assuredly give you a discount.
Best of Luck to All!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thinking about air rider for my Slim-------Like what I hear so far--

tc,
GTD

Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 AM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts