Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun Install and Other Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010 | 08:14 PM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member
Default Shotgun Install and Other Chrome

Well I finally started on the Shotgun install this week. Had a friend come over from out of town for a few days and we had a great time wrenching, drinking, riding and living.

Here is the start....

Got the back wheel off and out of the way, rear caliper off and the swingarm off.

Here is the shotgun being mounted. Notice the front mounting is the new style. I sent Shotgun my ebay bought unit and he modified it for FREE AND FREE SHIPPING. He also swapped in the larger compressor for NO COST. Let me tell you, this compressor will shoot the back up in 2-3 seconds. More on Shotgun below...

Putting it back together with a chrome swingarm, chrome rear caliper and shotgun. Also added a new Monster spoke rear wheel with matching pulley and calipers. Put a 150 Avon on the rear to fill out the fender nicely.

Still a long way from being done. I broke a pin on the switch harness and I emailed shotgun today and JD replied within an hour. He is sending me spare pins and an extra connector AT NO CHARGE. I am telling you...this guy personally anwers emails and goes above and beyond on customer service despite the rhetoric you have heard.

I still need to put the rear pipe on the bike, lower the frint end, change out the front caliper, put new 21 front wheel on, and finish adding all the new chrome goodies. So far I am very pleased.

Old 04-01-2010 | 08:56 PM
Big Smooth
Cruiser

Ahhhh...The work of a Deluxe owner never stops. Good work with the suspension. I may move towards an air suspension at some point, but I'm big enough that it rides low enough and I don't want to spend the $$ right now just to improve the look when it is sitting still.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:01 PM
whoffman
Cruiser

Congrats I just ordered my Shotgun shock today i also got the polished unit.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:05 PM
livebyit1
Intermediate

congrats strat!!!!! JD is a really cool guy to deal with.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:20 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Damm Strat...nice stable you got there! I see you take pride in your garage/shop. Sweet. Good to see your finally getting your ride together.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:23 PM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

I could not be more impressed with JD. IMHO, he has gone above and beyond for me and I told him so. I offered to pay for the mounting modification. I also offered to pay for the pins and shipping. It was my carelessness during the intstall that broke the pin. But he would not take any payment...not even for shipping. He has been in the bike scene a long time and I have nothing but respect for him and his designs.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:24 PM
luvtoride
Tourer

Looks mighty fine...I love your garage too!!

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:25 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Looking good there. Once I install my "inferior" 2 shock system we need to get together and have a good old fashioned air ride Pepsi challenge. That is if you can ride a bike with a foot clutch and tank shifter. I am really curious as to whether one performs better than the other between shotgun and Platinum.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:34 PM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Damm Strat...nice stable you got there! I see you take pride in your garage/shop. Sweet. Good to see your finally getting your ride together.
Thanks for the props....

The Heritage in the background is my buddys from the St. Louis area. He brought it with him for the visit so we could do some riding. My Ultra is just left of his bike. That is one b@d @ss Heritage he has.

Yeah, a couple years ago I decided to clean up the garage and get organized. I got tired of buying stuff I already had but couldn't find it...lol. Then I decided to add the race deck floor. Its really nice to work on.

It was a lot of fun having someone to wrench and with. A couple extra hands sure made the job easier. Wifey is at the beach so we got to raise a little h#ll and cut loose a little .

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:50 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey strat do i see a 90/90/21 avon tire leaning against your wall? Uh oh Gansta!

Quick Reply: Shotgun Install and Other Chrome