Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun Air Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:05 AM
tyvaulter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
So whats the change in the NEW compressor? What was wrong with the old ones?

Thats gonna look kinda of FuGLY with that compressor not hidden..Too bad. Looks like Shotgun just took a step back in appearence.

So i take it you now own a second or third generation Shotgun shock?
Not sure why he switched compressors, we didn't really get into that. It does appear to be bigger than the old model from the pics on his website. I don't know what generation it is... It does have cooling fins on the head, that's the only thing that looks different to me. Once the exhaust is on it will completely cover up the compressor. I'll post some pics of the final build.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tyvaulter
Not sure why he switched compressors, we didn't really get into that. It does appear to be bigger than the old model from the pics on his website. I don't know what generation it is... It does have cooling fins on the head, that's the only thing that looks different to me. Once the exhaust is on it will completely cover up the compressor. I'll post some pics of the final build.
After looken i noticed that your hose fitting are different as well as cooling fins.

With guys runnen true duals like i have that compressor would stick out like a sore thumb....As true duals run parallel to the bottom of the frame. I have a clear view to that section of my bike and a compressor sticken out would be UNEXCEPTABLE.

Well i guess if your runnen true duals go with a Platinum bleed/feed or turn that compressor around....Atleast we know....

Please let us know how you like that NEW styled compressor.
Thanx ty for the updates.

Here is a old pic i had but as you can see this area with true duals is completely opened up.
Shotgun Air Ride-deluxe09-011.jpg

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-14-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
tyvaulter
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
After looken i noticed that your hose fitting are different as well as cooling fins.

With guys runnen true duals like i have that compressor would stick out like a sore thumb....As true duals run parallel to the bottom of the frame. I have a clear view to that section of my bike and a compressor sticken out would be UNEXCEPTABLE.

Well i guess if your runnen true duals go with a Platinum bleed/feed or turn that compressor around....Atleast we know....

Please let us know how you like that NEW styled compressor.
Thanx ty for the updates.

Here is a old pic i had but as you can see this area with true duals is completely opened up.
Attachment 89078
Is there a compressor installed on that "old pic"? If so, my compressor is much bigger and would be seen even if it was turned around.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a compressor installed on that "old pic"? If so, my compressor is much bigger and would be seen even if it was turned around.
I was just showing the area with that "old pic" thats all....buy if you want here's a "NEW pic"

You may want to try and turn that compressor around so all you see is the cann...You never know it might fit.

Ok here is a "NEW pic" ...compressor is hidden....you have to bend down to see it. It doesn't stick out from the sides at all. If the compressor stuck out...IMO... i would be goen a different route.

excuse the bad pics...
Shotgun Air Ride-shock11-001.jpg
notice the second pic and sticker is to the left
Shotgun Air Ride-shock111.jpg

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-14-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 AM
SUUIE
Road Master

I did notice the compressor on the bike JD was demo'ing on at the Pomona Easyrider show. Pretty unsightly.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer

Not at all. We're also putting a 110 Kit on the bike so the inner and outer primary have been removed. Sorry if there was any confusion on that.
no problem, just put mine back together after doing my offset work.....was thinking SH#@* do i have to go through that all again!!! lol

Old 01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
tyvaulter
Advanced

Ah, I see. Yea, we're gonna go with installing it the direction that JD suggests. The compressor is much larger and out performs the smaller compressor. May not look pretty but it's never gonna be in a beauty contest.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:46 PM
dkyork
Tourer

I don't think it looks bad at all. You could always paint it or powder coat it black... wish I would have got the new system!

Dale

Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got mine a few days ago off ebay. How do I tell which compressor I've got? Were there any problems with the old style in case that's the one I have?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
tyvaulter
Advanced

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
I just got mine a few days ago off ebay. How do I tell which compressor I've got? Were there any problems with the old style in case that's the one I have?
The one you have is probably the smaller version. There's nothing wrong with the smaller compressor. JD told me that he hasn't started shipping the larger one's yet, however, he had been installing them and that I received one of the first one's. The other riders all have the small compressor and may even like it better because of the way it hides under the trans. If you look on the shotgunshock website and compare your compressor to the one on the instructions vs. the one in my install pics, you should be able to tell which one you have. I won't know what the performance difference is in the two compressors but I will take some video and post it on here so you can see how it performs and compare it to your compressor.

Quick Reply: Shotgun Air Ride