Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seat lock ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo seat lock ?????

Does anyone have any idea how to lock a solo seat on to a night train?i know they make a lock for the touring models .i want to have piece of mind when im at a concert wiyhout taking it with me...thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHIEMACK
Does anyone have any idea how to lock a solo seat on to a night train?i know they make a lock for the touring models .i want to have piece of mind when im at a concert wiyhout taking it with me...thanks
Personally I'd be worried about the bike, not the seat! Be sure to have extra Taxi-Cab money with you while at the concert

Old 03-03-2011, 07:13 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

not worried about the bike getting jacked ,its alot easier to take 2 400$ seat off and stap it on a bike ,the bike has an alarm and is insured

Old 03-03-2011, 07:20 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Bolt it using frame tabs.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like Doc Vtwin had them available awhile back. You should PM him.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:47 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Security screws. I am not sure if we have any left. Call the shop to check with Shawn. If not you can order a Brukus kit which is pretty much the same.
http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-pro...rts&item=39939

Drew

Old 03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

Thanks dr v twin!!just ordered the fender security screw,that was the simple thing i was asking about...to all of you check out brukus motorcycle parts for your security problems b 4 its to late and you loose a seat or your bags

Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RICHIEMACK
Thanks dr v twin!!just ordered the fender security screw,that was the simple thing i was asking about...to all of you check out brukus motorcycle parts for your security problems b 4 its to late and you loose a seat or your bags
Hey! Thanks for the good word! And thanks to Dr. V Twin for letting you know about us. Our Harley Fender Security Screw fits any Harley that has a Fender Screw securing the seat or luggage rack that attaches to it.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:14 PM
TNB
Road Master

Are you going to be showing your products in Laughlin, Nevada? And do you plan to have something like "seat secure" in black? I am interesting in looking at the tool used since from the photos it just reminds me of a Phillips head type screw driver with the tip cut off and hollowed out somewhat. Also, is the tool or key a universal key or one key fits all? Currently, I am just running the stock seat with a fender bib though I was thinking of having the seat customized.

Last edited by TNB; 03-04-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TNB
Are you going to be showing your products in Laughlin, Nevada? And do you plan to have something like "seat secure" in black? I am interesting in looking at the tool used since from the photos it just reminds me of a Phillips head type screw driver with the tip cut off and/or a universal key. Currently, I am just running the stock seat with a fender bib though I was thinking of having the seat customized.
Would love to be able to be at all the shows - especially Laughlin! But we are a small company working on inventing and producing products. We continue to look for vendors to partner up with us to show our products. If you know of any - please send them our way!

We are in the process of working on black powder coat to a couple of our products. Will post when we actually have it available. But our fairly new product - SeatSecure™ - is the main one we'd like to do that for as then it would blend in with the black leather. We think it would look good! Not sure what other applications we will apply that.

The tool is a security torque wrench and is necessary to remove the Stainless Steel Security Screws. They are "tamper-proof" screws that we use on several of our products.

The Fender Security Screws are polished.

We get emails all the time from guys whose seats have been stolen. And it was a SaddlebagSecure™ customer from CA who suggested we make this screw to begin with. We had them custom made as there was no such animal that worked with the security tool.

Hope that helps! And thanks for the interest!

Quick Reply: Solo seat lock ?????