General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dr. V-Twin's field trip to Carlini Enterprises

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Dr. V-Twin's field trip to Carlini Enterprises

I finally decided to pull the trigger on a set of Carlini bars and risers and decided to drive down and pick them up as opposed to waiting for them to arrive. I also picked up a few other orders we had there so I killed two birds with one stone.

Carlini is a VERY nice setup. Their building looks brand new and is really nice inside. I have been to many shops and manufacturers offices and rarely do I find a place as classy as this.

I got 16" flyin's apes and the High Roller risers in chrome with the black tops. I just busted them open and they are beautiful. The risers have set screws for the bars as they are no knurled. The chrome is completely flawless as one would expect. The bars come with a small metal Carlini sticker on them, the first thing I did was rip it right off. I know who makes the bars. The 1.5" bars are so fat! They look far fatter in person than on a bike in a pic or on the website.
I compared them to the 1.25" bars they had there and there really is no comparison. I almost got the 1.25" bars so I would not need new risers, but am really glad I went with 1.5".
I have planned to put them on Friday as it is my day off, but am not sure if I am going to be able to wait that long. It is a simple swap as all my wiring and cables are already long enough as I run 16" Wild 1's right now. They are for sale for $100 plus shipping for you thrifty forum folk. I also have the stock risers for $20 if you want. I paid $225 for the bars.

Nice door handle.

My new Risers

My new bars. Check out how fat they are in the 2nd pic.

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 05-21-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:12 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Had Carlini's on my 04 Heritage .. Best set of Bars ever owned Bar None ..

Old 05-19-2010, 05:24 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

My first job was with Tony Carlini at his first shop in Dearborn Michigan. Was 15 at the time, he was into painting and building Hondas back then my first ride on a street bike was on a bike named Black Bart after we mocked it up it was still in primer. Good Times....

Old 05-19-2010, 06:05 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

There was a killer Honda chopper in the next room where the restroom was. It was all tie dyed looking and stuff. I did not get a chance to get a pic.

Drew

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i had the same bars as jaystronghawk on my fatboy and i have carlini's on my dyna now.

there's no comparison as far as i'm concerned, carlini makes the nicest bars out there.

can't wait for pics of those bars on your bike, drew.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Still remember when Jr was born Tony Sr bought him one of those Lil Indian minibikes. Boy was his wife pissed..

Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few months ago a biker rag had a Deuce that Carlini built up, and I loved the wheels. They were Carlini "Crucifixion" or something like that...not sure if they were production or one off's, but they would look killer on a lowered bagger IMO.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went up there a couple weeks ago to pick up my blemished gangster apes. it was a nice place and rex was cool. the bars are exceptional quality. even the blemished bars had something so minor wrong with them that rex had to point out the bad spot. i couldn't find it. the bad spot would've actually been covered by the hand controls anyway. buying blemished from them is a good way to save some dough, especially if you're planning on powder coating them.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

cool, nice bars

Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,454 Likes on 2,598 Posts

this bike was killer.

Quick Reply: Dr. V-Twin's field trip to Carlini Enterprises