2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Riding along, and the dash reboots?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 12:54 PM
willcasp
|
Club Member
Riders Club Member
Default Riding along, and the dash reboots?

2024 Road Glide with the latest available software update according to SE Pro Street Tuner yesterday, I don't have the actual version number handy.

I was commuting home from work last night, moving along on the freeway as normal. The dash completely rebooted. No speedometer, nothing. Just a blank screen for the time it takes to do a complete reboot. The yellow check engine light came up when the dash returned. Car play returned, Waze came up and my podcast was playing.
The good news, the motorcycle continued to operate normally while the reboot was happening.

I carried on, filled up the motorcycle as the gas was low. When I powered up the motorcycle, the yellow check engine light was still lit.

Before turning the motorcycle off, I pulled up my SE Pro Street Tuner App so I could see what that yellow CEL was all about. Nothing. Nada, no current engine codes shown.

When I powered the motorcycle off, I did the "hold the trip button down and hit the ignition switch on" to get into the diagnostic mode. Again, no engine codes shown!

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I have not had the recall work done for the wiring short.

Old Yesterday | 01:16 PM
drc68
Cruiser

You could try the ol' yank the fuse for a minute trick and see if the CEL clears. But if I recall there are circumstances that will illuminate the CEL without any apparent codes being set. Hopefully someone will chime in who has seen this.

The following users liked this post:
willcasp (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 07:42 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Riders Club Member

For clarification, is it the check engine light or the fault alert (yellow triangle)?

Did you recently put a new tube in the bike? I’ve had similar issues after installing a new tune. Whenever the SEPST didn’t show any current codes, I closed the app, shut the bike down and tried again once or twice. It then showed active diagnostic codes.

Last edited by BrandonSmith; Yesterday at 08:19 PM.
willcasp (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 11:28 PM
willcasp
|
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
For clarification, is it the check engine light or the fault alert (yellow triangle)?
It is definitely the check engine light. Yellow, not red. Shape of an engine.

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Did you recently put a new tube in the bike? I’ve had similar issues after installing a new tune. Whenever the SEPST didn’t show any current codes, I closed the app, shut the bike down and tried again once or twice. It then showed active diagnostic codes.
I tried both methods again. No current error codes. The SEPST shows a historic code of P2301 - Ignition Coil Driver Shorted Hight - Front. I don't know when that code was thrown. I will not clear the logs in case the techs can find more info.

BrandonSmith (Today)