Notices
2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Garage door opener for 2024 rogue glide??

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:27 AM
rideonva
Road Master

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
If you have internet, you can access your home MyQ WiFi connected items if your WiFi modem is connected to the internet.
My garage door opener is MyQ "capable" but I'm not connecting it to the "cloud". Anything connected to the internet eventually will get hacked either device itself or service provider.

The following 2 users liked this post by rideonva:
Buelligan666 (Yesterday), Goose_NC (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 01:06 PM
Ducman82
Advanced

Originally Posted by rideonva
My garage door opener is MyQ "capable" but I'm not connecting it to the "cloud". Anything connected to the internet eventually will get hacked either device itself or service provider.
so do you have a separate router that's air gapped (not connected to the internet) just for the garage door?

Old Yesterday | 01:42 PM
rideonva
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ducman82
so do you have a separate router that's air gapped (not connected to the internet) just for the garage door?
No, it's not connected (not configured) to internet.

The following 2 users liked this post by rideonva:
Old Yesterday | 01:52 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I'm with Nova. No need to connect the garage door to the internet or a router.

The following 2 users liked this post by BrandonSmith:
Old Yesterday | 02:03 PM
Pappy35
Road Captain

Digging out your phone and navigating to an app or website isn't exactly the most convenient method. It would be easier to keep a generic opener attached to the inside on the right bag lid like I did with my Road King.

Old Yesterday | 02:11 PM
Pappy35
Road Captain

See post #14.
Ahhh...soooo....I got thrown off by "It’s not flash high beam to open, you click the icon on the IFCU and choose which door to open..." and thought you had some other device. The HD Homelink can open one garage door by flashing the high beam, a second one can only be accessed via the menus. The unit, regardless of opening method, has to be activated by a dealer using their Digital Tech. If you did that and it doesn't work, check to make sure they actually did it. Mine didn't work when I got home and I had to take it back. If it works via the menus but not the double high beam flash, see if there's a setting in Skyline for that.

Bottom line is, if double-flashing doesn't work on your bike, there's something wrong that you and your dealer need to sort out.

Old Yesterday | 03:23 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Pappy35
Ahhh...soooo....I got thrown off by "It’s not flash high beam to open, you click the icon on the IFCU and choose which door to open..." and thought you had some other device. The HD Homelink can open one garage door by flashing the high beam, a second one can only be accessed via the menus. The unit, regardless of opening method, has to be activated by a dealer using their Digital Tech. If you did that and it doesn't work, check to make sure they actually did it. Mine didn't work when I got home and I had to take it back. If it works via the menus but not the double high beam flash, see if there's a setting in Skyline for that.

Bottom line is, if double-flashing doesn't work on your bike, there's something wrong that you and your dealer need to sort out.
You're half right. I clarified this in a previous comment.

The HD HomeLink can store two doors in it. BOTH can be activated in the IFCU menu, and BOTH can be activated using the Flash-to-Pass (one flash for Door 1 and two flashes for Door 2).

Also, there is no IFCU setting for flash-to-pass (FTP), it just works, nothing to "setup". There have been no instances of the FTP not working with the HomeLink module.

When Dawg previously said "It’s not flash high beam to open, you click the icon on the IFCU and choose which door to open..." he was completely unaware that it was an option and had not tried the FTP method.

Yes, the dealer needs to activate the HomeLink module. The HomeLink icon will be inaccessible (greyed out) until the dealer does this. Therefore, you can't even program it to your door until the dealer activates it. If the dealer activates the HomeLink module and the icon is still grey, then the dealer did not activate it correctly.

Last edited by BrandonSmith; Yesterday at 03:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrandonSmith:
Ducman82 (Yesterday), Goose_NC (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 04:26 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

I, too have MyQ activated doors. It is hooked up so I can open and close the doors via my phone even if I’m halfway across the country.

The following users liked this post:
Goose_NC (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:48 PM
Ducman82
Advanced

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
I'm with Nova. No need to connect the garage door to the internet or a router.
interesting. I did not know it did it without router connection. thats good to know! obviously must be in range lol