2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

24 touring oem shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2024, 03:31 PM
Socalledchad
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 24 touring oem shocks

I wonder if anyone can tell me what each rear shocks job is? My buddy is about to get rid of his oem shocks and I thought I may try removing the hand adjustable on the left side. Then just have a pair of the spanner wrench adjustable. Part is because when I lowered my bike that hand adjuster hit my pully. Im going to try it out either way..but is one shock for rebound or ? pre 24 shocks I could see it not making sense because the 1 shock had no adjustment. And I think that was mainly for rebound?

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM
HDdrummer
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Socalledchad
I wonder if anyone can tell me what each rear shocks job is? My buddy is about to get rid of his oem shocks and I thought I may try removing the hand adjustable on the left side. Then just have a pair of the spanner wrench adjustable. Part is because when I lowered my bike that hand adjuster hit my pully. Im going to try it out either way..but is one shock for rebound or ? pre 24 shocks I could see it not making sense because the 1 shock had no adjustment. And I think that was mainly for rebound?
What did you do to lower your bike and how much lower is it compared to the factory height?

Old Today, 07:25 AM
jake24lt
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,542 Likes on 832 Posts

So the adjustment **** is hitting the drive pulley and you are going to run anyway? The right shock is for setting the sag,or compression ( fat chick or skinny chick) , the left shock ( ****) is for rebound.

Old Today, 07:53 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,137 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Delete

Last edited by BrandonSmith; Today at 07:57 AM.
Old Today, 12:37 PM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 352 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by jake24lt
So the adjustment **** is hitting the drive pulley and you are going to run anyway? The right shock is for setting the sag, or compression (fat chick or skinny chick), the left shock ( ****) is for rebound.
Uhm...that's a negative Ghostrider. Per the owner's manual, the right side sets the preload (sag) for the bike in it's most-used configuration. The left side is the Fat-Chick/Skinny-Chick adjuster.

Last edited by Pappy35; Today at 01:06 PM.
Old Today, 01:06 PM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 352 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm seriously thinking about buying a Wilbur's self-adjusting rear shocks. That damned sprocket is killing me! Which reminds me, is there a better spanner I could get? One that has some feature to help prevent it from popping off?