Notices
2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Road spray and sand blowing up between tank and faring

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024 | 06:44 AM
dgarber12771
Advanced

Amazon is where I got lowers for my 2011. They come with the solid covers where the radiator would have gone, so for summer riding I removed those and put grills in place. One of the best $100 I spent on that bike, and it gave me two cubbies for storage!

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (10-13-2024)
Old 08-29-2024 | 08:10 AM
Pappy35
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dgarber12771
Amazon is where I got lowers for my 2011. They come with the solid covers where the radiator would have gone, so for summer riding I removed those and put grills in place. One of the best $100 I spent on that bike, and it gave me two cubbies for storage!
They worked great on my RK. I got rid of them when I traded it in because of reports that they don't fit the '24's. Or was it that the engine guards needed to mount the lowers did fit due to the routing of the coolant?

Old 08-31-2024 | 05:55 AM
Hiddencreek1@hotmail.com
|
Stage II

Originally Posted by Hiddencreek1@hotmail.com
I have a 2024 SG I have about 2000 miles on it. I am 5 foot nine and have the 8 inch HD windshield on it. I get awful buffeting and a lot of road spray and sand coming up on both sides of the tank my jacket and seat get totally soaked and have little pieces of sand and gravel that are throwing up from the front wheel. I have not experienced this with my previous Harleys anybody else having this problem and if so, what are you doing? I noticed that the front fender is significantly shorter probably due to the cooling system.
They’ve got to come out with lowers in 2025 right? That’s gonna be my first purchase if you can’t even get them.

Pappy35 (08-31-2024)
Old 10-13-2024 | 12:58 PM
thefactorymatch
Sponsor

I have a 2024 SG I have about 2000 miles on it. I am 5 foot nine and have the 8 inch HD windshield on it. I get awful buffeting and a lot of road spray and sand coming up on both sides of the tank my jacket and seat get totally soaked and have little pieces of sand and gravel that are throwing up from the front wheel. I have not experienced this with my previous Harleys anybody else having this problem and if so, what are you doing? I noticed that the front fender is significantly shorter probably due to the cooling system.
We have color matched full fenders, they come with mounting spacers & hardware. Everything you need to bolt the new fender on. Free shipping within US lower 48 and the fenders are Made in the USA! www.thefactorymatch.com

A True American Color Match Company - Quality Color Matched Products - Proudly Painted in USA - www.thefactorymatch.com - Follow us on Facebook @ thefactorymatch.com & Instagram @thefactorymatch for daily updates

Old 10-13-2024 | 01:29 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
How does one get a picture of buffeting?
Wait for the pizza to come out

Ducman82 (10-13-2024)
Old Today | 06:08 PM
Nutty
Advanced
Default This!

Mine does the same. There's a ton of air coming up the front of the tank. Somewhere quiet, at 60mph, put both hands open flat above the tank badges, the instant calm and lack of buffeting is astounding.

iMO, they need horizontal ***** Wings under the lower tank edge.

Old Today | 08:11 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Riders Club Member

That is why I suggest getting your knees as far forward as possible. That’s all it takes for me to eliminate the airflow you’re talking about.

Ducman82 (Today)