Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2024 | 05:53 AM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
^
Is it handle bar "vibration"? Does the mirrors vibrate a lot like a softail or Low Rider S/ST?

My CVO/ST runs as smooth as butter up to 120+, about the only vibration or slight shudder I've seen is on deceleration at about 17mph, dealer say is the front wave front rotors still breaking in, I only got 750 mile ATM and mostly stock.

I think it probably the from the suspension adjustment, I hope this you get it sorted out.
Yes sir, bad handle bar vibration, You can't run through it to a different RPM. I have tried different gears at the same speed and it does not change. As soon as the bike gets warm, the vibration starts at about 2500RPM in the bars and continues. It's worse on certain roads. The mirrors also reflect the vibration. I can grab the bars closer to the mounting point and it is not as bad, but the ends of the bars shake like hell. The vibration started around the 1000 mile mark.
It is the same vibration that you are talking about on the deceleration and down shift but a little worse. Mine does that as well. I don't think I am imagining the problem, when I bought the bike I 600 miles on it in three days with no complaints at all.
My bike is also all stock.

Old 10-15-2024 | 10:55 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

I forgot to ask, are still & able to set the cruise control on, & let go the handlebar to see if it still would track straight?

Old 10-15-2024 | 12:26 PM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
I forgot to ask, are still & able to set the cruise control on, & let go the handlebar to see if it still would track straight?
Yes sir tracks straight as an arrow with no hands. I have the nacelle off and the rubber isolators for the bars seems to be fine. I have not remove the bolts and checked inside to make sure one rubber isolators has not split.
I have had this bike to 123MPH with no problems in tracking and ran out of road or would have stayed in it. Even now you can run as fast as you want but the bars shake like hell. After 200 miles the other day, I was tired of riding it.

Old Today | 09:05 AM
Focus
Stage II

Originally Posted by NEWROADSTER
Yes sir tracks straight as an arrow with no hands. I have the nacelle off and the rubber isolators for the bars seems to be fine. I have not remove the bolts and checked inside to make sure one rubber isolators has not split.
I have had this bike to 123MPH with no problems in tracking and ran out of road or would have stayed in it. Even now you can run as fast as you want but the bars shake like hell. After 200 miles the other day, I was tired of riding it.

I was going to upgrade the 23.5 CVO SG to the 24 RG CVO ST this weekend. I was looking online for a long time and didn’t even think about upgrade but finally last week I went and took a look at the raven metallic and it looks so good in person to the point that I’m considering a trade in. The dealer wants 13.5k plus my trade dark platinum CVO. Now that you have experienced vibrations I have concerns if it’s worth pulling the trigger. I have been enjoying the street glide did some cosmetic mods, KW slip-ons, with bars but this CVO ST is one sexy beast. 😁

Old Today | 09:27 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Focus
I was going to upgrade the 23.5 CVO SG to the 24 RG CVO ST this weekend. I was looking online for a long time and didn’t even think about upgrade but finally last week I went and took a look at the raven metallic and it looks so good in person to the point that I’m considering a trade in. The dealer wants 13.5k plus my trade dark platinum CVO. Now that you have experienced vibrations I have concerns if it’s worth pulling the trigger. I have been enjoying the street glide did some cosmetic mods, KW slip-ons, with bars but this CVO ST is one sexy beast. 😁
boy oh boy that's a lot of dough to upgrade considering both your 23.5 and the 24 ST are identical MSRP at $43K..then you have put another couple grand into yours it appears, so for all intents and purposes let's say ~$15K diff and that's only if you don't buy more 'stuff' for the 24 ST ... but hey, if money isn't an object and it's a 'just gotta' have it' thing then YOLO so why the heck not!

Old Today | 10:24 AM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

I would not worry about my problems influencing your decision. They are great bikes and handle like a slot car. My local dealer does not have techs that have seen a lot of problems on the newer bikes and most of them have never rode one. Im sure my problem can be solved with the help of the correct person that has some experience with this model. I love mine and will get it resolved one way or another.
With that being said, I finished getting the bike back together last night from a complete detail. All the parts including the wheels are now ceramic coated.
I installed the factory windshield instead of the Klock Werks. I will ride the bike and see if this helps with the vibration. Next I will adjust the front forks back to stock and try that. My theory is, that I set the suspension soft and the Klockwerks windshield ads extra downforce that is creating some extra movement in the front end on the roads around my house. If that does not do it, I will cary it to Round Rock and let the guys with the experience figure it out.

Old Today | 02:05 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

My last ride was a '21 RGS and I thought it would be my last bagger, but these new 2024's fit and finish are so night and day compared to my previous 2021 RGS, especially the front fairing fits like an expensive leather glove, the gas tank fits & seats nicely on the frame, and the side panels and saddle bags fits so tightly and no loose parts to rattle or vibrate, so glad to own a 2024 MY bagger and a CVO/ST to boot, and if money not an issue and you are able to get it at MSRP, then I would recommend to not let it stop you.